Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Concept and Realization of the DD franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should DD franchise be REBOOTED?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
NO
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Concept and Realization of the DD franchise Reply with quote

Hey, I'm new here. So feel free to put me in my place if need be.

As far as I am concerned with the DD franchise. It started out horribly. Too much was altered in the tale of DD. Elektra was very reserved action wise. I do believe that there will be another DD movie, but if SO. They should wait for at least 6 years, and start anew. Ala Batman Begins, get top notch actors, A director who is able to bring a concrete tone of the Characters and such *i know that from the DD director's cut, the studio was a problem to have a good story*. Were I to be that director, I'd probably use the Elektra Saga as a basis. Of course this brings a problem onto people using it a second time. But look at it. DD's factor of top notch tales and such started with DD. He was fun and great before Frank Miller, but what seperated him from the rest of the heroes, was that he took his part of NYC very personal. Due to his father's murder and such. Hell's Kitchen should always be a great factor of the film. To me, DD resembles Batman in the fact that both these characters are constantly obsessed with protecting their piece of turf. I believe that for another DD film to be it must be a reboot.

As far as I've heard, Avi Arad, is trying to get the rights back and give them to Paramount. In doing so, he's trying to put most of the heroes under ONE banner, something like that of WB/DC. Minus the point that WB owns DC. So I don't know what is really up. But a Reboot would be nice.

Ben Affleck isn't a good actor, Michael Clark Duncan was a GREAT choice for the Kingpin, Jennifer Gardner was a mixed bag for Elektra. The DD costume was too much of a mixed bag. It was leather it was plastic. It strayed too much from the original. X-Men did it yes, but it was the only way to do it. Spider-Man's costume was very close to the original. Also one thing I didn't like of the DD film was that it made too linear. Think to "Born Again" the way it unraveled his origin and the main tale itself was amazing. I came to know so much of DD in that tale. It told me everything without getting lost.

yeah...I guess I gotta go to work...
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I frequently see two polls on this website. ~"Should Daredevil 2 be made." and "Will Daredevil 2 be made some time soon?" My answer is "no" to the later, and always a very confident "yes" to the first, as long as the business people show the respect that they have shown with the Spider-man movies. MSJ had a great movie in the director's cut and more business types messed it up severly due to stupid focus group style crap (make it shorter, cut out anything that's not violence, etc.).

I've ranted about the reasons in previous posts, and I'll definitely do so in the future, but right now, I should work. (This is what I get for checking the Man Without Fear e-mails that I got in my inbox. Razz)
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I should have read more than just the thread subject. Razz

No, I don't think they should do a "Batman Begins" sort of thing.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you say that Forrest?
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Batman movies got very, very silly and there were tons of them. All throughout the 90s, the Batman movie franchise was one of the worst and saddest out there. All the while, animated series was becoming one fo the greatest cartoons ever. They needed to just start over.

Dardevil is different. First off, the DD DC is 200% better than all the pre-Begins Batman movies combined. So, the basis can be used to make a great movie. (The origin in DD, even the theatrical cut, was outstanding!) ...That's the ticket, the new movie needs to be great. Not good, like the DD TC, FF, Batman Returns, etc., but GREAT like Batman Begins, Blade, X2, Spider-man, X-Men, Superman (old school), DD DC, etc. When that happens, people will see the film and it will pay off. It won't have a big opening weekend at all, but it will build momentum, and have financial and marketing potential comparable to Batman Begins and Spider-man.

If that happens, there is no need to start over. And it would be a very painful experience to redo the origin of a hero that movie goers saw just a few years ago. Batman's origin was never properly dealt with in the other films (thanks Tim Burton ...why didn't you have Johnny Depp play Batman, I wonder? Razz). DD's origin was done outstandingly in the DD movie.

There hasn't been a Superman movie in decades. We need to revisit the begining for a new generation. Again, DD does not have that problem.

All in all, I think that a DD reboot would be swimming upstream in whitewater just because you don't want to swim downstream around a small rock in your way. It's silly.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See where Superman left off was with horrible movies as well. But nobody really remembers those. DD began with a bad movie. That's why I propose a Reboot. Waiting a good long time till the other one is out of memory. And than Start Anew...
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the movie was good or not is subjective in this thread...

However, I think that eventually, the Daredevil rights need to be at a studio that would understand the character and treat/market it well.

You DO NOT need a 100 million production budget for a Daredevil film (remember, I'm saying production, not marketing at this point)...the first thing that should be looked at is the story and not necessarily the "bells and whistles" that make it pretty, IE CGI...STORY IS WHAT SHOULD COME FIRST AND FOREMOST when rethinking the Daredevil film series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Snake PAC wrote:
See where Superman left off was with horrible movies as well. But nobody really remembers those. DD began with a bad movie. That's why I propose a Reboot. Waiting a good long time till the other one is out of memory. And than Start Anew...

How do they start anew without retracing the steps from the first movie. I mean really won't just be another retelling of DD's origin and him fighting against Kingpin and Bullseye again? I would rather new ground be cover, like a gang war story or Born Again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: