Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up this week? 6-28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: What are you picking up this week? 6-28 Reply with quote

Eternals by Jack Kirby HC
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Comics #840 - This is going to be so sick! Did you read the end of the last Superman issue?! Lex is getting owned! Cool

52 Week #8 - Such a great series!

Batman #654 - Yawn!!! The lamest writing the Batman ongoing has seen in YEARS, even though Robinson is needlessly killing off characters in place of a good story... Next month, we get Morrison and Kubert!

Spectre #2 - # 1 was OK. I'm reading it for a mediocre epilogue to Gotham Central...

DCU Brave New World - YEAH!!!! Very Happy

DD - Of course! This cover is my favorite DD ongoing cover in years!!!
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil #86

Moon Knight #3

Lucifer #75 - The end of a great series. Sad

Army of Darkness #8 - Ash vs Dracula! (Was supposed to get this last week but my shop didn't get it in).
noypi-me
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daredevil#86

x-factor#8 - i think this is where quicksilver visits. great writting by PAD. shame ryan sook could'nt stay for the art.

new avengers#21 - very intrigued by how bendis is gonna disassemble this team.

...are you talking to me..."
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD #86 - This is the make or break issue for this arc. Either it fires the story into high gear where it can stay for years or it becomes Batman, a book which has the tools for greatness but consistently falls short.

Batman #654 - This 1 Year Later event has been a hit or miss affair. There's some interesting detective stuff going on. But what does it build too? I hope it will be worth it. It's only a month until Morrison/Kubert.

Civil War Frontline #2 - This summer event is interesting to me because a lot of stuff is happening away from the ball. I've never been one to collect all of the extra issues but this Frontline book adds another level of depth and complexity to the issue. I don't think I'd enjoy the series as much without it.

New Avengers #21 - I don't know what to expect from this series anymore. The dialogue is there as is the group interaction. I feel like we should be building to something more interesting though. I feel like they've talked about everything but the reason the New Avengers are even together in the first place.

Ultimate Spider-man #96 - It's been a while since this book was really great. I'd put the "Hollywood" arc as the turning point. That said, this series still has some legs. It's still the best Spidey book on the shelf and though it's been droll at times, at least it's not derivative.
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD #86 - More Brubaker/Lark DD goodness.

Moon Knight #3 - Liked this alot so far, excited to see what's in store.

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: