Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bought - Thought 8-23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDmikeMN
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Bought - Thought 8-23 Reply with quote

What did you buy and what did you think? Further, what would you recommend?
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fell #6 Finally showed up at my shop. Great issue, but made me feel physically ill. The people in this world....

Daredevil #88 Don't normally buy Daredevil singles, but I wanted to know the story behind Foggy. It was pretty good.

Swamp Thing #29 Don't normally buy Swamp Thing, but since this title's ending I wanted to see how they would end it. Meh.

Ultimates Annual #2 I know that Huston isn't the new writer after Millar, but if this is indicative of what will happen to this title after Millar leaves, then color me disappointed.

Ultimate X-Men 6 HC My shop just got this today even though it supposedly came out last week. Haven't read it yet, but I'm excited to crack it open.
pariah
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sweet week for me

I got:

Dardevil 88

Pretty good, but I still keep thinking that Matt's senses would have picked up on the fact that Foggy didn't actually die when he got stabbed but was merely in critical condition.

New Avengers 23

I usually hate Coipel's art,but something was really different about it in this ish, it was darker and more detailed, and it really fit Spider woman well. Coipel's best work to date, the story was okay, the end had me a bit choked up, and I still find myself really hating Iron man because of Civil war.

Astonishing X-men 16

WoW!!! I was just about fed up with this title, then this wonderful issue comes out, Kitty was cool, Logan was funny(at the expense of his masuclinity) and I can't believe I didn't realize who the X-man who'd be responsible for genocide would be when it was so obvious all this time.Either way great ish.

Wonder Woman 2

Another book I was gonna drop, cause I didn't care for the prior ish, not even really sure why I picked this one up,but, I'm so glad I did. It was really such a fun experience. I loved the art, the story was paced really well and all of the major characters in this book, Diana in particular, were handled really nicely.

and finally

Batman 656

I love Grant Morrison, his work is so weird, and funny and cool at the same time, and Kubert just looks like he had a blast rendering every panel in this ish. Well done.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLA #1 - WOW!!!

The best single issue of the year, this far!

EVERYONE READ THIS BOOK!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: