Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

What are you picking up this week? 9-13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: What are you picking up this week? 9-13 Reply with quote

Nothing
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52 #19 - Now I ALWAYS get a comic every week. Very Happy

Cap America #21 - Brubaker! Consistently one of the best books out there!

Green Arrow #66 - I am loving this book!!! McDaniel's art is surpassed only by Winick's brilliant writing! Cool

Green Lantern #13 - Geoff Johns is amazing! This volume of Green Lantern, along with Green Lantern Rebirth has definitely turned me into a GL fan.

Pride of Baghdad - Looks interesting
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: What are you picking up this week? 9-13 Reply with quote

daredevil99x wrote:
Nothing
I guess your not getting 52 then! Wink

DD99, the rule on a no comic week is that you must buy a trade, I can recommend The Losers, but I'd imagine that you must have a mental list of tpbs that you want anyway. Go on get one, you have the perfect excuse!
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting this week:

ESCAPISTS #3 (OF 6) $2.99 - Wonderful stuff, though I must read Cavalier and Klay as everyone keeps telling me!

DC COMICS
52 WEEK #19 $2.50 - Last weeks shocker of Black Adam bursting in on Renee and a local dyke mid session was quite amusing if not embarassing for the poor girl. I find that some bits of 52 are just filler, and others I find myself hanging off every word just wanting more. Naturally I want more Renee!

DMZ #11 (MR) $2.99 - I still haven't read #10 yet, it is in my "to-read" pile, I am starting to get back on track now though, actually with Civil war back on the radar next week I had better get back up to speed before I get deluged with Marvel titles.

GIRLS #17 (MR) $2.99 - I never knew that Kenny had it in him! I am really enjoying this, it is a great drama unfolding, though I still get the impression that the writers aren't sure where they are heading. I think that this is an on-going title now and not a limited run. Great read in trades for any newbies, I swear that you'll love it!

SAM NOIR SAMURAI DETECTIVE #1 $2.99 - New title, give it a go, I haven't seen the art yet, so it may put me off, but I like the concept though.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #21 $2.99 - I Love Cap, I will be interested when it gets on to Civil War stuff, but enjoying this arc, though the giant robot did seem alittle 1920's "fantastic" writing, I hope that it is not just a cheesy load of twaddle, from Ed Brubaker I would be surprised, but the ending did seem like a Buster Crabbe serial cliff hanger!

CIVIL WAR FILES $3.99 - Dunno what it is, but will probably get it for completist sake.

TALENT #3 (OF 4) $3.99 - Yes please! My only concern with this title is that it stinks of an on-going plot, possibilities are plentiful and the writer has laid out a wonder problem before us. I only hope that it isn't easy smashed down over the nest two issues to ruin one of the best plot based premises that I have seen in a long time. Please don't disappoint me!
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
SAM NOIR SAMURAI DETECTIVE #1 $2.99 - New title, give it a go, I haven't seen the art yet, so it may put me off, but I like the concept though.

That caught my eye as well...
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
The Privateer wrote:

That caught my eye as well...
I pick up my comics on Friday, so I will let you know what I think after then. I'm always a sucker for a good #1, I'll always try something new and especially something from outside of the the big two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: