Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Update on DD2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daredevilryan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Update on DD2 Reply with quote

Hi, I've got an update for the the DD movie (director's cut!!!) fans out there. Ben Affleck was on a chat show here in the UK to promote his new film, Hollywoodland, about the life of George Reeves who played Superman in a 50's tv show in the US. When asked about how his life was similar to that of George Reeves he said that they'd both played super-heroes. The host of the show, (Jonathan Ross) is a comic book fan and also hosts the best-known movie review show in the UK. He said he enjoyed the DD movie and hoped and presumed that more were going to be made?!! Ben replied that he'd didn't think that would happen. He said that he was kinda embarrassed at running around all day in red leather with a mask on which he could hardly see through!

So, it looks like DD2 truly is not a possiblity anymore, at least not with Affleck, and therefore, presumably, the cast of the first film anyway! I for one am gutted, but I guess we'll have to just keep our DD interests focused on the book now.

P.S. a big thumbs up so far to Brubaker, i'm lovin' your work!!!

Ryan
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose Affleck is trying to save face now.
Nuts, DD2 would have been awesome.
Steve Roberts
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Update on DD2 Reply with quote

daredevilryan wrote:
Hi, I've got an update for the the DD movie (director's cut!!!) fans out there. Ben Affleck was on a chat show here in the UK to promote his new film, Hollywoodland, about the life of George Reeves who played Superman in a 50's tv show in the US. When asked about how his life was similar to that of George Reeves he said that they'd both played super-heroes. The host of the show, (Jonathan Ross) is a comic book fan and also hosts the best-known movie review show in the UK. He said he enjoyed the DD movie and hoped and presumed that more were going to be made?!! Ben replied that he'd didn't think that would happen. He said that he was kinda embarrassed at running around all day in red leather with a mask on which he could hardly see through!

So, it looks like DD2 truly is not a possiblity anymore, at least not with Affleck, and therefore, presumably, the cast of the first film anyway! I for one am gutted, but I guess we'll have to just keep our DD interests focused on the book now.

P.S. a big thumbs up so far to Brubaker, i'm lovin' your work!!!

Ryan

What makes me laugh is why are people asking Affleck if it's possible for a new DD movie?
Why do we need Affleck to play our fave hero anyway?
Yeah he did a good job, thats true, and for the sake of continuity it would be nice to have him back, but come on, this movie made over a hundred million dollars, surely there's someone out there who want's this role, dont tell me that Ben Affleck was/is the only person who could pull off this part.
I know for a fact that Matt Damon also wanted to play DD so much, it hurt. I mean look how many Batman actors there were,(okay,okay, things did look a little ropey for good ol' batts there! but everything turned out well in the end!) and not only that but look at the comics, just because an artist or writer is no longer on the title, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist anymore, RIGHT!!!
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What??? No DD2!? Too bad, I looked forward to the DD2: Director's Cut (which will be considered the "real" movie, I'm sure).

What's next? No DD: Target??

Not to spoil stuff (hopes, dreams) for you folks, but something tells me you won't be seeing another Elektra film, either.

rgj
daredevilryan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HOPE there's not another Elektra film!!!
the gael
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the DD DC but like daredevilryan said, I hope there isn't an Eletkra 2 ( And of course there won't be )

It was such a boring and stupid movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: