Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Dardevil game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crtdaredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Dardevil game Reply with quote

Allright people,
How many of you still want the game to come out?
Go to:http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/daredevil/media.html
to see the two trailers.
I am just curious as to how many people would actually buy the game if they put it out.
One other thing did encore cancel it or did Marvel can it?

Thanks
basic
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want it to come out! Hopefully with the success of the Punisher (looks good so far) and Spiderman (batman too maybe) games it'll encourage the completion of this game.
DpmDaredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, it has potential Razz
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not coming out, okay? Everyone just let it go. One thing people don't seem to understand is that a lot of the time "trailers" are just mock ups. They're CG made to look like a game running. On one hand, the DD trailers make it look like the game was pretty far along. On the other hand, they could just be mock ups. I'm betting on the latter considering the ridiculous lack of updates that the official game site was getting even when this thing was in official development.

In any case, once games are cancelled, they are usually dead and buried. This one isn't coming back.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
crtdaredevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Daredevil Game Reply with quote

Actually that's not true. I read an article on IGN (Can't remember the date but it was in january) that A few games that had been dead were coming back; Or ones they never expected to get made in the first place. Let's just say that there was hope for this and maybe another company will see the potential in it.

Also: Non-related..But army men sarge's war, Star Fox Adventures, and the new legend of zelda, all cancelled at one time but have resurfaced.(not sayin these were any good, but makes my point.)
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Daredevil Game Reply with quote

Actually, it is true.

crtdaredevil wrote:
Actually that's not true. I read an article on IGN (Can't remember the date but it was in january) that A few games that had been dead were coming back; Or ones they never expected to get made in the first place. Let's just say that there was hope for this and maybe another company will see the potential in it.

On January 5th, IGN had this to say about the DD game:

"Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
Status: Once in development with Encore and 5000ft, this game based on the lackluster movie endeavor never came to fruition. Hopefully, another talented publisher can pick it up and do the comic franchise justice. The first video showed promise, but alas, nothing ever happened."

When they say "pick it up" they're talking about picking up the license. And, yeah, maybe another publisher will pick it up. For now it's as though the game never existed.

Quote:

Also: Non-related..But army men sarge's war, Star Fox Adventures, and the new legend of zelda, all cancelled at one time but have resurfaced.(not sayin these were any good, but makes my point.)

I don't know about Army Men but you've kinda misstated the case with Star Fox and the new Legend of Zelda.

In both of these cases the games weren't so much "cancelled" as they were just held over for the next platform. Star Fox Adventures was originally an N64 game called Dinosaur Planet that had nothing to do with Fox McCloud. The game was in late development on the edge of the new platform cycle so they decided to wait for the Gamecube. While they did that Fox and the gang got plugged in an viola.

Same diff with the new Zelda. For one thing, I think it's a little nuts to say that a "new Zelda" game is ever cancelled because rest assured a "new Zelda" will always be coming out. In any case, the game I assume you're talking about is the Zelda with the realistic graphics with an older looking Link. The game was vaguely planned to be on the N64...well, kinda. It actually never got beyond the concept art stage (and what concept art it was). The problem was that there was no way they could have made it on the N64. So they made Ociana of Time instead. Then Miyamoto went nuts and made the cartoonish Wind Waker. Now, apparently, he's back to the realistic look. In any case the game was never really scheduled for N64 and even if it was it's always been just delayed instead of actually cancelled.

Finally, with these two examples we're talking about Rare and Nintendo; two top notch developers that always have stuff on the back burner. Encore, on the other hand, is a relatively crap developer. We can assume that when they drop a game...they drop a game.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Teklock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Same diff with the new Zelda. For one thing, I think it's a little nuts to say that a "new Zelda" game is ever cancelled because rest assured a "new Zelda" will always be coming out. In any case, the game I assume you're talking about is the Zelda with the realistic graphics with an older looking Link. The game was vaguely planned to be on the N64...well, kinda. It actually never got beyond the concept art stage (and what concept art it was). The problem was that there was no way they could have made it on the N64. So they made Ociana of Time instead. Then Miyamoto went nuts and made the cartoonish Wind Waker. Now, apparently, he's back to the realistic look. In any case the game was never really scheduled for N64 and even if it was it's always been just delayed instead of actually cancelled.

Actually, if you're refering to the really graphic heavy video of an adult Link fighting off Gannondorf, that was a video made to show off the GameCube's graphics. It was never actually meant to be a game. But, I guess Miyamoto saw that everyone actually prefered those graphics to the cell-shading of Wind Waker, which is why he's doing the next game like that.

Also, I consider Wind Waker more of a side-game, seeing as the Link in that game isn't the actual Link from the other games.
Punisher
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you even make a DD game? It would suck if the entire game all you could see was blue light representing sounds and smell.

If you could see full color, it would be terribly un-DD because he's blind.
Teklock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though he's probably not getting his own game for awhile, DD is a playable character around with 9 other Marvel big-shots in the upcoming EA Brawler Marvel Nemesis.

So, yeah. Whoo for DD.
emmie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,
i'm new to posting (so if i mess up be sure to let me know) , but not new when it comes to DD. It'd be great to see a DD game, but unfortunately hardly likely. Anyways i wouldn't like to see DD changed or anything to suit the mainstream. hey, what can i say i'm kinda a purist!
So, hope my first post here is okay x
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt' there a deal in the works for some kind of MARVEL RPG game using a mass of characters instead of focusing solely on one group (ala X-men legends?)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teklock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes there is.
CrazyEyes
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy the game if it were released. Every other hero has a game, and it looked like one hell of a game. Let's hope it has a free-roaming engine like Spider-Man 2 and a host of villians like the Owl and Bullseye.
Supreme Convoy
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've given up hope on that version of the Daredevil game. But with the new RPG coming out, it'd be slick to play as Daredevil!
Acerbus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, think of it this way - Daredevil is a trained ninja. The game could be a stealth-based game in an almost constant state of darkness... dramatic lighting, and so forth... in a decaying and rain-drenched New York. It could be set in the third person, but because of the fact that Daredevil is out at night, your radar vision would just sort of be an extra 'mode'... to better see your surroundings. Personally, if the game were executed in that way, combining dark stealth games like Thief with some of the acrobatics of, say, Tomb Raider... that is a game I would play about a billion times.

A BILLION!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: