Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Marvel Alliance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Marvel Alliance Reply with quote

Is it good?

Now that I have a degree and I never have homework, I can play video games. Very Happy

I love Justice League Heroes and it's giving me an itch to try more superhero games. So, your thoughts are appreciated.

I liked X-Men Legends 2, but it almost felt cluttered with four heroes on-screen at one time. Also, the story got really boring... Also, the characters didn't seem quite unique enough...

All this is contrary to Justice League Heroes, which has an amazing story and very well thought out character design. I'm concerned when the ads for Marvel Alliance boast that you can be 300 different characters because I'm betting it's mostly just graphics changes.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not played it. But I've heard it's really good. It's got Ghost Rider and practically every other Super hero in it.
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest,

Congrats on the degree!

First off, I want to write that games like Spider-man 2 and Hulk Ultimate Destruction have spoiled me with fantastic open-ended action and exploration of the environments. I wish all superior games would just allow you time like that to just see what the characters can do.

I liked Justice League a lot. It was a tad redundant and short, but I loved teaming Green Arrow and Green Lantern.

If you liked the X-Men Legends games you will definitely enjoy Ultimate Alliance. The number of characters is amazing. The different platforms have the majority of characters in common but each will have special exclusive characters. I bought the Xbox 360 and it has Exclusive Moon Knight and Colossus I believe. Playing as DD is great but my favorites were Captain America and Thor. You are also given the chance to upgrade their uniforms. Ultimate universe is the default, Thor for example can be Ultimate, Classic, Asgardian Armor or change him to Beta Ray Bill. Each change has a different set of stats.

The graphics are great. They have improved game play, my opinion. The number of villains that are in it is great also. It can be a little redundant, the same way Legends could be. Exploring the different characters was very fun though. I definitely recommend it.

On another note, I did not care for the "Superman Returns" game. Forrest, you are a Superman fan are you not? Have you played this? I am embarrassed to write that I bought a 360 just for this game. I bought into the hype. They were taking extra time to make it right and delayed release. I thought, "Wow, they finally are going to make a great Superman game." It is just annoying. They tried to make it like Spider-man 2 and failed. It is one of those games that is just frustrating it is so bad. The only high light is flying. Breaking the sound barrier is very cool. If your a Supes fan it worth a rent just for that alone.

I know this reads as if I am a big gamer, but I mainly just play the superhero ones.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Eric
www.meadowcreations.com
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response!

I haven't played the Superman game because it is by EA, which also made the Batman Begins game (if I am correct), which was pretty bad. I heard the same about Superman, so I never tried it.

I think I'll give Marvel Alliance a shot! Can you give DD the yellow and grey costumes? Cool Cool Cool Cool
Meador
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can unlock three other outfits for DD. He arrives in classic, standard reds. I have unlocked origin yellow. I have not unlocked armor and ultimate. I don't know how ultimate is different from classic in appearance but I will find out someday.
At least in my console version, and I believe it is the same on others, you begin the game without having DD available. As you play you search for DD dolls (same goes for Black Panther). Once you have five dolls the character is available.
You commented about having the screen be to hectic with four characters. You can always play the game as one, two, three, or four characters. Set the game to easy (I am not fantastic at games but you could set it harder if you want) and you unselect other characters in the menu. So you can play just DD or DD & Elektra, as an example. If you are playing solo and you need another character to help with something go to the save and recruit someone for that event.
Take care. I hope you enjoy it.
Eric
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance at Target and I love it! Also, I got an extra bonus because there was a "Target exclusive" card inside that gave me a code to unlock DD. (I can send it to anyone who is interested.) So, within a couple hours I was kicking Bullseye around with DD in his yellow costume. Cool Very Happy

I'm pretty happy with this game. Sometimes, I'll get confusing tasks to accomplish. (The same thing happened in X-Men Legends II.) Still, it is great. Thanks for the advice!
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all characters have an "Ultimate" type uniform.
Daredevil, for example, has:

Classic (Red)
Yellow
Armored
Marvel Knights (like Red but with darker particulars)

DD is also, in my opinion, one of the strongest characters in the game, especially if you capitalize on the Baton Throw and Extensive Strike skills. Hyper Sense is also a cool skill, which really gives you the sensation to control DD. It slows down everything around, making it a joke to dodge/block attacks.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to get those abilities and costumes with DD! You're right, so far he holds his own very nicely, up with the likes of Cap, Spidey, Thor (Razz), etc. Finally, DD is done justice in a video game! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: