Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

My vision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Born Again
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: My vision Reply with quote

I think it'd be great to have DD's origin based on Yellow. I'd make it that Fixer was one of Kingpin's generals though. He notices DD and sends Bullseye after him. Karen Page is the main love interest, but she leaves after Matt tells her his identity. After defeating Bullseye, DD tries to go after Kingpin, but loses. Then the second movie would have Elektra as the new love interest, and she would be leading an army sent by Stick. Karen would turn up as a druggie in NY. The Kingpin's new general would be the Owl, and there would be a huge gang war between Elektra's ninjas and the Kingpin's thugs under Owl. Kingpin releases Bullseye from jail who stabs Elektra. DD faces Kingpin a second time and wins.

Kind of missing Foggy and lawyer stuff though.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see some old school style DD, especially Yellow!

...with Marvel's new push for animated features may be a ticket for a DD movie like this to see the light of day, albeit in animated form.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
I'd love to see some old school style DD, especially Yellow!

...with Marvel's new push for animated features may be a ticket for a DD movie like this to see the light of day, albeit in animated form.

I agree I hope one of aniamted DTVs features DD. I think the best way to handle an animated DD dTV to is tell an origin story that combines aspects from man Without Fear and DD: Yellow. Here's what I the story structure I would suggest:

After dealing with DD avenging his father and defeating the Fixer, it could also involve the Kingpin's rise to power. The Kingpin has secretly passed along information about NYC's current top crime boss, the Owl, to the IRS (Owl has been dodging taxes for years). Owl in response hires Nelson and Murdock to defend him and tries to have Fisk killed. After Owl's assination attempt fails, Kingpin hires Elektra, Matt's old girlfriend from college turned deadly assassin to kill the Owl. Things get worse for Matt, when he refusing to help Owl to hide various aspect of his illegal operations from the DA and in response Owl kidnaps Karen Page, so that Matt will play ball.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure and in animated form, they don't need to worry about hiring the same actors as the earlier Marvel films (e.g. Affleck, Tobey Macguire (sp?)). So, any character can guest star: Spidey, Black Panther, etc. Cool
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
Sure and in animated form, they don't need to worry about hiring the same actors as the earlier Marvel films (e.g. Affleck, Tobey Macguire (sp?)). So, any character can guest star: Spidey, Black Panther, etc. Cool

Yes indeed, my only concern is Marvel animated DTVs have been a tad disappointing. They aren't bad, but they aren't that great either, they are just okay. Frankly in regards to animation, DC has been kicking Marvel's tail since 1992. Marvel needs step up their animation efforts if they ever hope to compete with DC. I hope if they make a DD animated DTV, they get some good writers so that we will get a great DTV, not an okay one.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Overlord wrote:
Frankly in regards to animation, DC has been kicking Marvel's tail since 1992. Marvel needs step up their animation efforts if they ever hope to compete with DC. I hope if they make a DD animated DTV, they get some good writers so that we will get a great DTV, not an okay one.

Agreed! Sure, I remember the Batman of the 90s but the FOX X-Men cartoon was almost as good. However with the new Justice League cartoon, I just don't ever see Marvel topping that one! Cool
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there was a animated DD DTV, who should be on the cast and crew? Who should write it? Who should do the voices for Daredevil and the other characters?
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd say get as many people as possible from the Justice League cartoon! Very Happy

(Sidenote: DeMatteis wrote some great episodes of that show. For any who don't know, DeMatteis is my least favorite comic writer in the world because of his DD "story." Sure, I'm biased against him for that but I still loved the Justice League cartoons he wrote. Razz)

Paul Dini is always a good pick but I think he is hardcore DC.

Honestly, I don't know a lot about the creative talent behind television cartoons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: