Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Is Daredevil 2 still a possibility? (Year 3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we see a Daredevil movie within the next THREE years?
Yes, Definitely
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Signs Point To Yes
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Outlook Not So Good
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
My Reply Is No
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Cannot Predict Now
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Is Daredevil 2 still a possibility? (Year 3) Reply with quote

Okay, it's basically been a year (see last year's similar thread). Time to ask this question again--albiet, modified. My annual question (well, for the next three years) to the board is this: Will DAREDEVIL 2 see the light of day within the next THREE years?? Look into your magic 8 balls and share your thoughts.

rgj
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God knows I don't want Daredevil 2, but it looks more likely than a year ago, because of the huge first week box office of Ghost Rider. That solidifies Mark Steven Johnson's good standing with Marvel, which gives him more leeway to do what he wants. He says he would like to do a Daredevil sequel. I don't know how he would do that, since he removed the possibility of doing a Born Again story properly, but he'll no doubt find a way to do another craptastic Daredevil movie to his sky-high standards.

Still, Ben Affleck said he doesn't want to do another Daredevil movie. He may not have to since he resuscitated his career with his pretty good performance in Hollywoodland. If Johnson can't get Affleck, that won't look good. That still makes the likelihood of a Daredevil sequel unlikely in my mind. But before Ghost Rider, I would have been thinking flat out no.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge first what? It's February. What was Ghost Rider against? Norbit? Ghost Rider is getting panned harder than DD.

No way there's going to be a DD2 in the next 3 years or ever.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost Rider set a record for President's Day weekend. Even if it was summer, a $52 million dollar weekend would be big. It surpassed everybody's box office expectations. I know it's getting panned, but so was Fantastic Four. Box office returns give filmmakers clout. That's why awful directors like Roland Emmerich and Renny Harlin still work. With clout comes freedom, and if Johnson wants to make another Daredevil movie, the greater the likelihood that it's going to happen.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget Michael Bay...god I hate his films.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demitre wrote:
God knows I don't want Daredevil 2, but it looks more likely than a year ago, because of the huge first week box office of Ghost Rider

You cannot say Ghost Rider is a success until WEEKS from now. When it comes to box office, it's a marathon, not a sprint (anyone remember Hulk, King Kong, or Godzilla??). Ghost Rider opened "big" because of Nic Cage (just as DD did because of Affleck) and because all the comic book fans went. DD had one of the BIGGEST drop offs the second week of relases. These subsequent weeks after opening weeks is where the "director" and "writer" make their mark. If a movie has good buzz, people will continue to go to it. If it sucks and the star's fans and comic fans have their fill, then the bottom falls out. Do not decieve yourself, if DD had been anywhere close to being a "hit" Fox would have continued to champion it. Fox has said DD was a disappointment and even MSJ said there should be a REBOOT. That's the friggin' director/writer saying that!! Now, the jury is still out on Ghost Rider as it pertains to box office, but the jury came back along time ago in regards to MSJ. The guy sucks at his job. When I pose this question in "Year 5," everyone will finally have to admit it.

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
Ghost Rider set a record for President's Day weekend. Even if it was summer, a $52 million dollar weekend would be big.

Didn't DD break/set the same record? Look, if Ghost Rider made $52 million in the summer it'd be impressive. But it didn't and it couldn't. The summer is when good movies come out. If Ghost Rider (or Daredevil) came out anywhere near the summer they would have been crushed.

People go to see whatever's new that's released in February. Hence the drop off rgj mentioned.

February release is one step above direct to DVD.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel has obviously shown faith in Johnson, because they worked with him a second time, even after he produced Elektra. It's the distributors that aren't showing faith in him by releasing his crap in the first few months of the year. They're the smart ones, not Marvel.

Daredevil grossed over $100 million at the North American box office. I'm guessing that Ghost Rider is probably going to do the same. That isn't Spider-Man or Fantastic Four money, but it's respectable. I suppose that pleases the folks heading Marvel's film division -- this Johnson can make money-making films out of our non-marquee characters. They'll do what they can to keep him happy. As I said, they already let him produce Elektra.
Born Again
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe between 5 and 10 years from now there will be a reboot.
Pawel
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I would like to say hello to everyone on the board, since this is my first post.

My personal gues would be that Fox, after the poor theatrical performance by Elektra, won't do another DD film, and thus a sequel would only happen if the rights to DD expire for Fox. Maybe then Sony would buy them, so that they could use for example the Kingpin in a Spider-Man sequel or even have DD and SM in one film, or simply just do Daredevil 2. I think that sooner or later a DD2 will happen.

I think that there still is interest in a second DD movie. Even the Hulk is getting a sequel after a period of 5 years.

I don't know if this was posted here, but I've read an interwiev with Avi Arad and he stated that the sequel will be made as soon as he gets the rights back from Fox. He didn't say when will the rights expire, but I think that it could be a period of 5-10 years. And they could run from the year in which the studio bought them (2001?) or from the year they released the 1st one (2003).

Last edited by Pawel on Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dare Devil 1
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope theres going to be one because ive been waiting to long Crying or Very sad
EightiesCartoon
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look likely.

However, in an alternate universe, I've been wracking my brain thinking of who could take over if DD2 took off - Christopher Nolan directing? David Goyer scripting? Matt Murdock played by - Matt Damon?

(Kidding)
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I didn't read everyone's post so someone may have pointed this out already but I would say there won't be a DD2 but I said the same thing about Hulk. I think if they are going to do another one. Dont' call it DareDevil 2 and do like The Hulk. Make it a sequal that stands on it's own.
Jim B.
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there ever will be a DD2 I hope to God that MSJ has nothing to do with it. Ghost Rider was such a turd and I can't believe I paid money to watch it. Evil or Very Mad The dialogue in it was sooooooo bad it hurt to listen to it. Don't get me wrong Ghost Rider looked cool, but other than that the whole movie was just horrid. Why does Nic Cage feel the need to act like Elvis in every movie he a makes too? I hate that... Mad
Disco_Stu
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim B. wrote:
If there ever will be a DD2 I hope to God that MSJ has nothing to do with it. Ghost Rider was such a turd and I can't believe I paid money to watch it. Evil or Very Mad The dialogue in it was sooooooo bad it hurt to listen to it. Don't get me wrong Ghost Rider looked cool, but other than that the whole movie was just horrid. Why does Nic Cage feel the need to act like Elvis in every movie he a makes too? I hate that... Mad

I wasn't crazy about Ghost Rider but I didn't hate it. Although I'm still really disappointed that David Goyer and Steve Norrington (the guys who did the first Blade) didn't do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: