Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

MSJ indirectly Bah Humbugs Stanley's Merry Christmas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: MSJ indirectly Bah Humbugs Stanley's Merry Christmas. Reply with quote

So today, I'm over at the folks for Christmas, minding my own business, when the channel finds its way on Ghost Rider--right at the beginning. Usually, when I'm on these family getaways, I get to catch up on movies I haven't seen, and I had hit on some pretty good ones this trip (Good Shepherd--multiple strands that ultimately have no moral, Stranger than Fiction--pretty strong heart) so I thought I'd give the Spirit of Vengeance a fighting chance.

OH. MY. GOD.

I hung in there from start to finish--it made Daredevil look like Casablanca. (OK, OK, that means it made the Director's Cut look like Citizen Kane.) This movie required more logic jumps than I've got in me.

1) Johnny Blaze walks into the detaining cell. Ghost Rider breaks out. Everyone else is rendered unconscious. Process of elimination, IT'S JOHNNY BLAZE. THE LAW SHOULD STILL BE PURSUING HIM AT THE END OF THE MOVIE.
2) Following from #1, how is he gonna square being wanted for murder? There's no possible way to explain it.
3) He turns down the offer to give up being Ghost Rider. So Mephisto not only lets him, but lets Roxanne live. What? Shouting in a scary voice and fleeing instead of forcing Johnny to give it up? But didn't he force Johnny to transform in the first place? A deal IS a deal...
4) Disposing of the tertiary baddies. The wind guy gets caught in a heated-chain 'blender', screams, and he's dead for eternity. The water guy makes a point of getting face to face with Johnny, even though it's known the Rider can burn underwater. I can't even explain why this happens. And the dirt guy? He just melts after being lassoed by the chain. Can't he just shape-shift out of its grasp? BAH!
5) Johnny doesn't have ANY IDEA who the Caretaker really is? He's a moron.

So. Those were just the script problems I could think of off-hand.

Movie-wise, when your best actor is Donal Logue, followed by Sam Elliott, and then the guy who played young JB, you've had it. Nic Cage obviously went to the Denzel Washington 'play the same character no matter what movie you're in' school.

Also, the scene where they re-introduce Roxanne by having Eva Mendes in the shadows of a spot where walking spectators should be was laughably ridiculous.

Just because you have the ability to make a movie doesn't mean you should do it. Stop taking fairly cool icons and pissing on them. Plz.

kthx
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ain't kidding! This movie (like just about everything MSJ touches--good luck Preacher fans) is a major turd. And, Nic Cage phones this one in big time.

As for the crappy MSJ writing. I love the first scene where we first meet young Johnny Blaze and Roxanne. We see Roxanne watching Johnny carve their initials inside a heart shape with a knife into a tree (and he's just finishing up his art work).

Now, I don't know if anyone here has carved stuff into a tree, but I can only imagine it take quite a bit of time. Well, this is the part I love. As soon as Johnny is finished with the carving he walks over to Roxanne. And, what do you think the first words out of her mouth are. "Johnny, I don't think we should see each other anymore." Or something like that. Geez. You would think she may have mentioned that before he started with the tree. Good God woman, don't waste my time.

I love how "Mephistopholies" (sp?), the "devil" chooses the form of a man that has a leg problem and needs a cane.

Anyway, this movie also had a crappy look to it. It's ugly to look at, too. Can't get quality cameras, MSJ??

Anyway, MSJ sucks. Cinematically, he's killed Daredevil and Elektra. And, he did a crappy job with GR too (eventhough, this was a "hit").

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so we're all here: yeah, it was terrible. The secondary battles thing was surely the craziest. "Here comes a big battle!". GR spins his whip around. Battle over.

Crazy.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: