Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

UPDATED: Shadowland, a Daredevil mini from Marvel *SPOILERS*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: UPDATED: Shadowland, a Daredevil mini from Marvel *SPOILERS* Reply with quote

Everything you need to know about DAREDEVIL in SHADOWLAND is now available in the new hub I've created at:

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/shadowland

Please visit that hub for the latest previews, interviews, solicits and checklist for the DAREDEVIL event SHADOWLAND!

All the information you need for SHADOWLAND in one place.

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/shadowland

UPDATE: Lots of new info has been posted, so be sure to view the LAST page of this thread for the latest links and updates about SHADOWLAND!

This post is full of spoilers, so beware...

In 2009, artist Billy Tan revealed some info on Newsarama about a "street-level" event he was working on called "Shadowland" that would come out in 2010.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080924-Mini-MegaCon-Sunday.html

Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada also revealed some info during the San Diego Comic Con at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22323

Shadowland has been mentioned a few times now in the comic...

So what are your theories on what the Shadowland story will encompass?

We got a few hints with the Daredevil: Cage Match solicit (see the NEWS section or PREVIEWS). My guess is that DD is going to have problems with the new leader of Thunderbolts... namely one Mr. Luke Cage.

We already know that Shadowland is being built in New York... will it be housing with a prison underneath? Is artist Billy Tan still involved? Is Andy Diggle working on it? While he's not been officially announced as writer, it's a good bet he is (as I've alluded to in NEWS items and TWITTER).

Will Daredevil be involved with the greater Marvel universe now? Does this bother you that DD may not be so isolated now in terms of stories?

UPDATE APRIL 16/2010:

We now know that:

SHADOWLAND is its own separate 5 issue mini series. DAREDEVIL will continue to be published at the same time.
SHADOWLAND will be written by Andy Diggle and drawn by Billy Tan.
DAREDEVIL will be written by Diggle and Antony Johnston w/ art by Roberto De La Torre (arc will be titled "In the Shadows" and run from DAREDEVIL
#508-#511)
There will also be several one-shots and mini-series based on characters in SHADOWLAND (with unannounced titles and creative teams).

Please check the LATER pages of this thread for the latest updates and links to info on SHADOWLAND!

Last edited by Kuljit Mithra on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:39 pm; edited 7 times in total
globalhonored
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is nice for DD to be part of the greater Marvel U for a change. It feels fresh. Now I don't expect it to be the new status quo and hope that he goes back to Hells Kitchen-centric after it is all said and done but it should be a nice change of pace for a while.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet on DD crossing horns with Luke Cage in a big clash. Since way back in the Bendis run when the "hero intervention" happened in the park, Cage has been pretty dubious about the mental state of Matt Murdock. This new setup is bound to look to Cage and company as if DD has completely lost it.

Is Matt's willingness to use the Hand assets with reckless abandon (like buying a private jet and building Shadowland) part of his ploy to spend them down? Even multinational companies can bite the dust when the money disappears.

Will Shadowland be part of a huge complex that might on the surface provide new housing for the people displaced by the explosion in the tenement building? Is Matt going to try to make it up to the people of Hell's Kitchen by calling it this because he's building it in the shadow of the destroyed property? (That would be an awesome double entendre.) All I keep thinking is how long it took to build the foundation to the World Trade Center, and he wants to build a secure prison area in the basement? Damn, those are some good contractors to get it done in 3 months! He must be calling in Ty Pennington and the Extreme Home Makeover crew!

I don't know if DD will be involved in the greater Marvel U for just this part of the run, or if Marvel has plans to keep him front and center for a while. To me, as long as the storytelling is good, I don't care a whole lot. I'd rather read this type of international story than zombie stuff or weird mystical stuff, and goodness knows we've seen that in the pages of DD in the past.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest issue says this in the letters page:

"...as we lead into this summer's massive Daredevil event Shadowland. More on that soon..."
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like front and center for a while to me!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a "Daredevil event"? Has Daredevil ever had an event?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading #505 and seeing the latest solicits...I'm envisioning Shadowland as one of a couple possibilities:

The 'Daredevil event' term that has been used would lead one to think it may be a mini along the lines of Cap Reborn - centered on a particular character, tied to their corner of the Marvel U, including other characters from the Marvel U but not widespread.

It could even be a lesser crossover between books (perhaps DD/Thunderbolts?), maybe something similar to what Diggle helped produce recently with the Deadpool/Thunderbolts arc. Although this is probably less likely given the amount of talk Shadowland is already getting.

Personally, I'm hoping for the first. I really enjoy DD being in his own pocket of the Marvel U. I don't mind the story venturing out from time to time, but I think what scares me most is the potential to have to drop a boatload of cash to keep up with a big event.

I'm enjoying what Diggle is doing so far, and DD is the one character that I pretty much pick up without fail, so any which way it falls, I'm in.

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
What is a "Daredevil event"? Has Daredevil ever had an event?

A miniseries that will have some repercussions on the Marvel universe, centered around DD.
And, no, I don't think DD has ever had one.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that spooky teaser line on the front page for Shadowland!

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really much in terms of info, but I asked Marvel editor Tom Brevoort on formspring this question:

When will we find out more about Shadowland?

And he replied:

July.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's more info than we had earlier. Long hot summer for DD fans, then?

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more theories from Bleeding Cool and they are saying this month's C2E2 show will reveal more info.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/04/03/marvels-next-big-thing-shadowland/
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, the DD507 solicit says this:

DAREDEVIL #507
JUNE 2010

Written by ANDY DIGGLE & ANTONY JOHNSTON
Penciled by MARCO CHECCHETTO
Cover by PAOLO MANUEL RIVERA

LEFT HAND PATH concludes as the enemy faced by Daredevil in Japan is revealed as a precursor to the much larger threat awaiting him back in New York. Shadowland is coming... And it will change Matt Murdock forever!

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
Dre
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. It appeares there's now something for me to look fowards to in C2E2.

Last edited by Dre on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that page from Decalogue that "MechanicalClavicles" posted on the Bleeding Cool comments is kinda eerie in its foreshadowing...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/showthread.php?15082-Marvel-s-Next-Big-Thing-Shadowland/page2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: