Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Disney is "apparently" hitting Fox for DD and buoy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

would you buoycot foxs DD movie in hopes that it'll revert to Marvel based on failed revenue (like punisher did)?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Disney is "apparently" hitting Fox for DD and buoy Reply with quote

okay take this with a grain of salt, this was posted on IESB and then reposted on CBM if you guys want a link here it is from CBM http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=24162 :

"There are four Marvel franchises that Disney does not control and word is they want them back. Three are controlled by 20th Century Fox and one by Sony.

While Daredevil isn't considered a first tier character, the Mouse House wants Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil back under the control of Marvel Entertainment.

Disney will never and I mean never, ever, not in a 100 years, get this property back under the control of Marvel Entertainment, just not going to happen. Fox owns all of these properties for perpetuity, in other words, for-ev-ver....for-ev-ver...

Word on the street is Fox has made it very clear that they will not let go of any of the properties under their control for any live action medium.

We've also been told that if it ever came to the point where they were going to lose any property they own because of failing to have a movie in production, they would simply produce a low budget, straight-to-DVD feature and stick it in any theater to fulfill their theatrical release clause.

Bottom line, the Sony and Fox contracts are rock solid. They will both keep their respective properties under their control. But you can be sure because they have plenty of money to spend, Disney will still have those Mickey Mouse lawyers looking for a loop hole....and to that I say, good luck!"

post your thoughts even if they seem kinda obvious at least now there is hope with disney and their mega expensive lawyers. Man, if Murdock was in real life he'd find a loop hole in their contracts Razz
baker
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Disney probably wants Daredevil because only they can do animated versions justice (unless its outsourced to amazing Japanese companies, as was the fad in 80s-90s cartooning [hence, the best cartoons ever coming out back then]).

The ONLY reason I was glad that Disney bought out Marvel was that we'd get to see awesome adaptations of our favorite comic work. I mean Frank Miller's run with a Saturday morning cartoon template? OMG. The world would be fulfilled.

Disney should be shelling out money by the millions for the creative control of Daredevil. FOX (or sony?) is going to sit on it for another 20 years until another Daredevil movie is viable. Is a movie what we need?? No. What we need is straight-to-DVD releases of animated versions of our favorite arcs. Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker. And throw in Kevin Smith's run for good measure.

The only American company that rivals Japanese companies (in style and execution) is Disney. And its probably 100% fact that FOX won't option for an animated DD series.

I didn't know about this until the initial post. And now I find nothing good about Disney's buying Marvel. Disney needs to buy Daredevil if they know whats good for them.
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good post Baker, well iron man is getting an anime, batman had gotham knight dvd, who knows.

i agree i'd like either a tv show (like smallville) on matt murdock and daredevil or atleast the early years before DD. you could explore the law/ detective side it might work really well. a saturday morning anime like batman TAS would be cool.

yes born again (as with other straight to DVD animated movies) would be awesome but the core DD cult wants a movie badly and now it's profitable to a degree. Heres the thing, both Fox and Disney looked at nolans batman like it was on a table, looked at each other and then started fighting over DD (the next closest thing). Fox showed us they didn't care about the character till nolan came along. Unfair comparison considering DD is alot more complex emotionally then batman with huge gold mine poetential if the movie put the cogs in the right order (but i digress to people that don't need convincing).

"And now I find nothing good about Disney's buying Marvel"

wait, what? i thought this "was a good thing"? it's stuff like this that shows proactive interest from the company for the fans uniting the titles under one banner, did you mistype? "now i find something good"?
baker
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I typed right. The only reason I was glad when I heard was because of Daredevil. If Disney doesn't own Daredevil, I couldn't care less.

I just want comic book cartoons on par with the 90s Batman or Gargoyles. I guess it'd be cool if they made Astonishing X-Men, unless FOX owns X-men too.
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney owning marvel is only a finacial decision anyways, they don't care and are smart enough not to influence how marvel does their work ("if it aint broke don't fix it"). they're looking for the male demographic since they already had a female demographic with hannah montana and the Jonas brothers. so like Murdock, i have no fear of them, they're big investing wallets and top 100 world class corporporate lawyers.

besides the point being, Disney NEEDS to have marvel get this one among all the others back if they want strong investments with positive return. Punisher got back, i could see Murdock next in line and all the awesome things they could do with him.

no i think when it comes down to xmen and other non studio owned characters it's okay in cartoon format (superhero squad as a basic example) and direct to DVD animated features (Hulk vs Wolverine) but i think sony has a tighter, vaccum sealed contracts with Sidey related material.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: