Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #1... this July.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #1... this July. Reply with quote

Marvel is proud to announce Big Shots! A brand new initiative, Big Shots spotlights three major launches of all-new ongoing series for the Marvel Universe's hardest hitting heroes by the comic industry's top creative talent! Kicking off with Moon Knight #1 in May, the Eisner Award-winning team of Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev as they delve deep into the psyche of the titular hero and embark on his greatest adventure yet. Then, the world's most feared vigilante -- Frank Castle -- returns to clean up the streets of Marvel Universe this June in The Punisher #1, from a blockbuster creative team that will have everybody talking. Finally, Matt Murdock returns to New York this July in Daredevil #1 to reclaim his place in the Marvel Universe. But where does the man known as Daredevil belong?

"Fans are going to love what we have in store with Big Shots," said Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. "We're taking some of the best Marvel characters that we all know and love and sending them in a brand new direction with some Grade A talent. We want to reach a whole new set of readers while at the same time appeal to long time fans of these great heroes and Big Shots is how we're doing it."

This summer, prepare to be blown away by the Big Shots!

Want to know the masterminds behind Daredevil and The Punisher? Be sure to check out the Cup O' Joe Panel at this year's C2E2 in Chicago and stay tuned to Marvel.com for more info!

MOON KNIGHT #1
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by ALEX MALEEV
ON SALE THIS MAY!

THE PUNISHER #1
ON SALE THIS JUNE!

DAREDEVIL #1
ON SALE THIS JULY!
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New No. 1 again?1? They really like screwing up with the issue number don't they. But still, we get to have DD back. That is what counts. I guess...

I am so not loving Marvel with this issue number crap.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, relaunching Marvel's grittier characters with big names attached. I swear I've heard of something like this before.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite looking forward to the Bendis/ Maleev Moon Knight actually, but refuse to even think about the DD relaunch until the announcement of the writer and artist (s).

Au Revoir DD Volume 2. A very hit and miss affair, all told, and a shambolic last few years post Bendis.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What a crappy way to end Volume 2. Although they did kind of end Volume 2 with number 500. But two just hand over the series to another character entirely is nuts. At least when the Hulk's series was given to Hercules, it was given back to the Hulk with #600. With Daredevil, there's not another big number for another 88 issues.

Anyway, it's somewhat worrisome that they're advertising "the comic industry's top creative talent" and not announcing who's working on Daredevil. But I know I'm going to pick it up.

I guess there's no Daredevil in May or June.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Moon Knight, it sounds very interesting. Dont care much for Punisher though. I wonder who'll be working on Daredevil? Personally I would luv to see Ennis and Crain on it. The Road to Damnation and Trail of Tears Ghost Rider stories were very nice.
DDTattoo
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never read a Moon Knight book, but I'll pick it up for the creative team. I used to love Punisher when Garth Ennis wrote it like a dark comedy, so I may pick that up for the creative team. I'm a little ashamed to say I'll be reading Daredevil regardless of who writes it, at least a first. I usually give new writers at least one story arc to decide whether I'm really on board or not.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I will enjoy the offerings as we move forward with the providers of our monthly superhero entertainment.
Wheelie
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely buy and am sorta psyched for it but it's a cautious optimism for sure. Last time DD re-numbered and went with a name writer, we ended up with Guardian Devil.
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have hopes that Vol. 3 can be a fresh start for the Daredevil comic AND the character. I am really hoping for better days after the (in my opinion) mostly troublesome and over rated Vol. 2. Although I enjoyed some of it, really only some of Brubaker's run actually, 12 plus years of writers beating Matt's life into the ground has really started to get old fast.
tmckenna
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading the tea leaves...

To me it looks like:

Daredevil -- Jason Aaron

Punisher -- Ed Brubaker

Just an educated guess,
Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: