Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Director Xavier Gens Shares His Vision For Daredevil Reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Director Xavier Gens Shares His Vision For Daredevil Reboot Reply with quote

Hitman Director Xavier Gens Shares His Vision For A Daredevil Reboot

Since news that a Daredevil reboot might be in the works hit a good while back we have heard nothing else on the matter. But now one director has thrown hsi hat in the ring. He details the approach he would take and name checks Sam Worthington as his pick for Matt Murdock..
Over on Marvel Movies' FB page they have an interview with Hitman director Xavier Gens. He has a new movie out called The Divide, but during the interview Gens expresses his desire to helm the Daredevil reboot. (At the beginning of th interview Gens apologies for his English)

MM:..Are there any movies in this genre you'd like to tackle within the Marvel Universe?

XG: I really love the Marvel universe, one of my favorite is Daredevil. I really love also the Punisher and I don't understand why they made so many bad movies on that character.

MM: Funny thing about Daredevil is the theatrical version which wasn't taken so well…and then the Directors cut which gained quite a bit of praise from the fans. Personally I thought MSJ did a good job with what he had…I personally just didn't think Affleck was a good fit for the role. If given the chance what direction would you like to take Daredevil? Should this franchise be R rated like the directors cut???

XG: If I have to made a Daredevil movie, I will take a completely different direction. My vision of the character is much more a drama. There will be a 1st part in the child hood of matt Murdock and the universe of Hell kitchen. Something in the univers of the first Rocky Balboa. Is the story of a poor family of hell kitchen, the father is a loser who made some boxing match, the mother is sick and she died. The father have to make the education of is son alone. He became a outlaw, he made fight to win money and one day he is killed by the mobs. Alone Matt murdock go to an orphanage and is there were he got is accident. And there is a long reducation because he became blind and he have to learn a new sens. With a very realistic point of view. And he became better and better and he made lawyer study.

And if he were to get the chance to direct this reboot, who does he think would do a good job in the title role?

For Daredevil I think Sam Worthington could be very great and intense for this character. For the vilain it's depĂŞnd of the story.

Please note that Gens hasn't been approached to direct the movie in any way, this is just a great passion of his. last we heard Fox had planned a reboot and hired David Scarpa to pen a new script. Nothing since. I know many will be hoping they do nothing else with it so the rights revert back to Marvel? Don't hold your breath. All Fox have to do is release a crappy tv movie to keep a hold on the rights, and you can bet they will do so if it comes to the crunch. At this point all we can hope for is a good effort from them(although I actually liked their last one!). If they do move on this soon, do you think Gens would do a good job in the director's chair?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=31321

All I want is a good Daredevil movie...
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't we just have a good director?
MS Johnson messed up.
This guy won't do a better job. His movies are horrible...
Come on give us someone who likes the character and who will give us an adult version of Daredevil!
My dream would be to see a great movie, with good and motivated actors and a good director (experienced and with an old style vista).
What should I say concerning Worthington?! After the blue ecstazy world he will play in red blooded world?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: