Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

David Slade directing a new Daredevil movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it wheelie but to me it doesn't do justice to daredevil by making it that fast. To do Daredevil properly this needs to be like the original spiderman movies as they intended a 6 movie saga. The Bendis and Brubaker stuff is WAY too goo to pass up as it was a solid 10 years of amazing stories rivaled by none. No they can't rush this, and Daredevil can't end happy it has to be a bitter sweet ending since he's Marvels ultimate representation of a tragic protaganist. But that's just my two cents.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A story for the first movie that would make sense to me is a screenplay based on a marraige between Miller's 'The Man Without Fear' and Loeb's 'Daredevil: Yellow'. Imagine how good an origin film that would be if they can pull it off!

Okay...I really just want to see the yellow costume on film. Razz
Marvel Knight
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu Murdock wrote:
A story for the first movie that would make sense to me is a screenplay based on a marraige between Miller's 'The Man Without Fear' and Loeb's 'Daredevil: Yellow'. Imagine how good an origin film that would be if they can pull it off!

Okay...I really just want to see the yellow costume on film. Razz

Same here! I'd also love to see elements of both those stories in the film regarding the origin, except maybe without Elektra. It may seem too much like the original Daredevil otherwise. I want Karen Page instead.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i first read the suggestion about the movie based on DD:Yellow i read it again and I must sya that it would be AWESOME!!
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a combination that i think would work for a reboot

(in no apparent order)

Battlin Jack Murdock- this one to me really pulled me into Jack and his sacrafice greater then any other depiction because he became more of a 3-dimensional character. i was dissapointed when MSJ didn't focus enough on the relationship between Matt his father and that final night (it just felt too rushed)

MWF: everything up until Elektra and the little girl is solid material and should be used with a heavy focus on Stick mentoring Matt.

DD:Y the start of Daredevil would be an interesting route to take considering MSJ just jumped 15 years into the Matt's adulthood. the only problem i find is the yellow costume itself and the association fans and non fans have with recognizing daredevil. He needs the red suit so i propose that like the Iron man film, the yellow suit is only temporary for taking down Fixer.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel Knight wrote:
Same here! I'd also love to see elements of both those stories in the film regarding the origin, except maybe without Elektra. It may seem too much like the original Daredevil otherwise. I want Karen Page instead.

I wouldn't mind seeing bratty college girl Elektra and not the bad-ass ninja one. Just a low-key appearance. But then that may seem copycat-ish if it's true that Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kye, but not YET Catwoman on the third Batman.

Alas, I just wanna see a proper origin film, so Karen Page has to be in it. I'm sure not all will agree but after seeing 'Blue Valentine', and that looming in the future is a 'DD: Born Again' movie. I am so rooting for Michelle Williams as Karen Page.
Marvel Knight
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu Murdock wrote:
Marvel Knight wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing bratty college girl Elektra and not the bad-ass ninja one. Just a low-key appearance. But then that may seem copycat-ish if it's true that Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kye, but not YET Catwoman on the third Batman.

Alas, I just wanna see a proper origin film, so Karen Page has to be in it. I'm sure not all will agree but after seeing 'Blue Valentine', and that looming in the future is a 'DD: Born Again' movie. I am so rooting for Michelle Williams as Karen Page.

I feel the same way. I'd like to see Elektra as well but I think it may be wiser to leave her out of the film, until a potential sequel at least. I just really want to see Karen Page this time.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Slade posted this picture of his desktop folders on Twitter today:

http://twitpic.com/4vl7hg

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darediva wrote:
David Slade posted this picture of his desktop folders on Twitter today:

http://twitpic.com/4vl7hg

This pic got me soooooooo excited!!! Thanks!!!
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Slade Confirms Upcoming Daredevil News For Next Week.

As the director said via his Twitter account:

"Daredevil is ongoing, official news will break next week.. Can't say more."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Jolt17/news/?a=38244
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has David Slade Already Found His New Daredevil?

The Eclipse director promised big news about his new Daredevil movie this week and I might have discovered what that is!

Okay, let me preface this by saying that this is not "official" news, hence the filing under the "Scoops" category. It is, however, an example of deductive reasoning. (If you don't know what that is, get out your dictionary.)

Here's what I came up with:

1. Last week, David Slade used his personal twitter account to promise that we can expect some "official news" this week about his new Daredevil movie.

2. Amidst rants about 3-D — "No I am not a fan of 3d and I need to write an essay as to why" — and his idea for a new body part-related acronym for Twilight fans — "BREASTS" for "Better Respect Edward and Swan Twilight Saga." — Slade tweets a solitary photo of an actor, Xavier Samuel, the young Australian that Slade cast as Riley in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

3. Xavier Samuel playing Matt Murdock, aka Daredevil, in the new movie is the "news" that Slade was referring to!

Here's the photo Slade tweeted:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=38679
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please please no. How old is this kid?? 18?? He is killing daredevil!! Should have known some twilight teeny bopper would be cast. Let's just hope this is a rumor by some.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the big news:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/daredevil_reboot_to_use_frank_millers_born_again_as_source_material/

No one talked about yet for playing the part of Matt/DD.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: