Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

New interview with Waid & Rivera and preview artwork!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: New interview with Waid & Rivera and preview artwork! Reply with quote

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32338

What do you think?
kentuckydevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I'm loving it..

rivera reminds me of 70's DD and martin brings back the 60s..yet both have a forward modern look as well..

I still have a terrible diggle taste going on and can't wait for mark waid and company to come along in july and wash it away..
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am freaking loving the art by both guys. Rivera's pencils just blew me out of the water when I saw them. You can tell he's tickled to be on this gig: witness that "FRIGGIN' DAREDEVIL" at the top of page one. I can imagine the guy sitting down with the art board, and that's the first thing he puts on the page, because it's such a great gig.

Martin's art is so crisp. The two page spread showing Matt and Foggy walking downtown is such a hoot! Love the way he shows Matt's take on stuff in the environment. I've already had a little discussion with a couple of people about that way-too-retro white cane. It's not a big deal, but I like Rivera's take on it better.

Come on, July!

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Gee
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been this excited about a comic in years, this is pretty much my wishlist for DD (as my previous posts will prove),
1) fighting actual supervillans, with *gasp* superpowers!
2) showing Matt as blind, the last 10 years he may has well have been fully sighted, look back on the issues, its true.
3) using/showing DD's powers in interesting ways, its one of the things that first drew me to DD, his superpowers are the most interesting and subtle ones in comics and make him one of the most original heros.
4) Matt as a Lawyer, or at least back working with the law.
5) a writer that 'gets' DD, while some of the recent writers have at times done a good job they do seem to have fixed on certain aspects of Matts personality, its clear Waid will use all his aspects, his humour, his sense of justice, intellegnce, his stubbornness and most of all his unmatched fearlessness.

Its on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: