Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil and Spider-Man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Daredevil and Spider-Man Reply with quote

I was checking the site's index for previous team-ups between DD and Spidey. I was wondering if anyone had a personal favorite or recommendation of a previous team-up they'd like to share.

Also, is their friendship often overlooked or under-used? Normally in these terms, I tend to think of Peter's friendship with Johnny Storm in a better light than his friendship with Matt.

Thoughts?
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first ever exposure to DD was his team-up with Spidey in the 90's animated series. Because of that, they are my favourite team up in the Marvel U.

I do think as a team they are VERY under used. There is so much you can do with them, because they mesh so well together. I cant remember who said it, but I remember someone from Marvel saying that Peter looks up to Matt because DD is the hero that Spidey aspires to be. In this sense I think they should be teamed up more often to tackle darker and bigger threats.

But like you said, I think his relationship with Johnny is better. Maybe that's why we see Spidey teaming up with the bigger Marvel heroes more than he does so with DD and other street level guys.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Growing up, I always thought Spider-Man's closest friend was the Human Torch, but now that he's dead, shouldn't that make Matt and Peter closer?

As for their past team-ups, I've often felt that Daredevil has come off as a weakling in comparison to Spider-Man. Many people like the Death of Jean DeWolfe, but I resented that Daredevil was portrayed getting swarmed by a crowd of non-powered people and ends up calling out to Peter for help.

I would say their best team-ups are Spider-Man's first appearance in a Daredevil book (Daredevil #16 and 17). Because this was a Daredevil book, he isn't portrayed as inferior to Spider-Man. Spectacular Spider-Man #26-28 is pretty good (both of these story's pit our heroes against the Masked Marauder) and features Frank Miller's first drawings of Daredevil. But I'm partial the Daredevil/Spider-Man mini-series that came out around the turn of the millennium. It was written by Paul Jenkins and pencilled by Phil Winslade. It started off great, and maybe it wasn't the greatest ending, but it had a lot of potential. And Daredevil was really running the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: