Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

I think David Slade has hinted at who he wants to play DD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: I think David Slade has hinted at who he wants to play DD Reply with quote

One of Slade's Twitter followers said:

I hope @DAVID_A_SLADE gets back to the Daredevil stuff soon, & I hope, maybe, Josh Hartnett could finally get a marvel role..

To which Slade replies:

@heyailoveyou You and me both.

I dont wanna put words in his mouth, but that does seem to reveal a potential casting choice. And as a fan of Hartnett, I've seen interviews where he has reffered to Slade as a friend, having worked together more than once.
thomam
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pulling for Chris Pine. He has more of the look I think.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are many more actors with the physical look down, but Slade has implied before that he wouldnt base a casting choice on look. That was when someone told him they wanted Michael C Hall to be Daredevil.
I think Garret Hedlund is the best choice if you want the look AND acting abilities.
But overall, Hartnett would be my no.1 choice. He could nail Millers and Bendis' portrayals of Matt.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Hartnett?? Not my choice.... I go with Chris Pine all the way!!!
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartnett is too damn skinny. More of a spider-man body.

If it somehow reverted to Marvel then casting would be done right. Marvel cares about its casting. Only casting I didn't care for was the Black Widow. I think they could have found better.
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we really like to attack the twitter quotes.... Razz

I'll say no because not only does he not look the part (hell, he auditioned for Loki) but the only reason this is starting is because he did 30 days of night with david slade directing and it's known that he WANTS to play a marvel character. Sure they may work well together but i just can't see it based on past history.
i just looked at a reel and a scene, if the guy wants to do the batman reboot i'd say this guy can do a batman reboot (a young bruce.....again). But for Matt Murdock; Micheal C Hall is too old but can do the role. Chris pine doensn't have the look but he's too busy with star trek anyways. We can't really expect a red head who has all the check lists marked off because that is slim and hard to find in Hollywood however i expect a blonde who can act atleast with dyed hair. Afflecks black hair dyed maroon was aweful. Now that being said a quality is that Hartnett has an awesome voice and could EASILY pull off the inner monologues quite well. He's a fine actor and i like him but i don't want him near daredevil because he's suited for other characters in comics.
thomam
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Murdock

Chris Pine.

Also he has played a blind character in a previous movie of his.
claydevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such an important roll, you'd think they'd have it on the fast track by now.

The actual dimensions of the Daredevil haven't yet been breached in the 2 movies so far... I mean Affleck's wearing a Vinyl costume! There isn't much FANTASY yet that I've seen in so many of the Comic Book Movies.

I just wrote a post about this from the story on Science Fiction Dot Com http://sciencefiction.com/2012/06/18/david-slade-reveals-his-daredevil/ on my own site about Mr. Hartnett being the next Daredevil.

The Major Hollywood stars seem to be a bit iffy about these rolls. Tom Cruise said no to Iron Man and Robert Downey Jr. has never looked back since. The fact is Cruise lost a lot, a lot of money. He would have made a small fortune. Now he's playing a Rock Star in a Musical which is cool but not exactly someone like Iron Man who is revered. Maybe the Stars didn't read Comic Books as Children and don't perhaps understand the true dimensions of this 'Art Form'.

Just like the odd undercurrent that dismissed Science Fiction in Literature as fanciful, there seems to be the same undercurrent for those who don't see the Artful Comic Book as being 'Serious'.

I'm sorry, I got a bit off track here, whoever does become the daredevil in the next movie will surely not be sorry.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its true, this film is going very very slowly. Slade was announced in 2010 right? Thats a long time.

And I agree, comic books are still percieved as being something for children only. Though, you only have to look at Nolan's Batman universe to see how big these films are. The Dark Knight is even studied by film theorists who see the film as a metaphor for 9/11.

I'm still holding out for Hartnett, despite the debunking. I hope Kelly's script is nothing but amazing.
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Josh Harnett has the look for Matt/DD but I never really saw him as the greatest actor in the world. On the other hand Chris Pine has the look and the acting chops for the job. His Captain Kirk kicked ass. I did see him in the movie where he played a blind guy (the name of it escapes me now) and thought he did a great job in it too. So ya sign me up for wanting him to be Matt Murdock.

As for the debate about actors not being big enough to play Daredevil, I don't really see it. As long they are fairly tall and can get themselves into reasonably good shape in the gym before the movie they could pull it off. Daredevil is not supposed to be a big bulky guy like Batman is anyways. Just look at Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli's version of DD, he is tall, lean and athletic but with some good muscle to him, but not steroid looking muscles like Batman comes across in the comics a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: