Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

The Dark Knight Rises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: The Dark Knight Rises Reply with quote

With the very sad events that took place in Colorado, it's hard to even talk about this film without feeling somewhat negative. However, did anyone watch TDKR yet?

I saw it yesterday. Have to say it's the best comic book film ever made, surpassing The Dark Knight, Sin City, A History Of Violence. Possibly even the greatest action film ever made. Great way to end the saga.

It got me thinking that if a DD movie is to succeed on even half the scale, Fox is going need someone very special in the director's chair.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(As per theunrealstudios' request. Edited. Sorry, I was thinking only people who have seen the movie will open this thread 'cause otherwise how could they comment. But okay, I see the point.)

Sorry Ash-n-Bone, but I have to disagree. And for a comic book reader it's surprising you like the liberties Nolan took with this last film.

With 'The Amazing Spider-Man' we now know movies can stay just about as true to comic books and it would still work.

I did not like it 'cause of JGL's character.

Loved Catwoman though. Hathaway killed it! Marion Cotillard was awesome as well. These women are the saving grace of the film for me.

From the Trilogy, 'The Dark Kight' is still the best for me.

Last edited by Ryu Murdock on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off R.I.P Colorado 12 and please get well soon the 59 who face life altering injuries.

Ryu Murdock i don't normally do this but please delete or edit your comment because there are so many spoilers i can't believe with all due respect someone would post 3 days after the movie came out. Not everyone (even die hard fans) can see it right now because it was sold out in various places. please be understanding, thanks.

back to the movie i tend to talk way too much on this site so simply put: The Dark Knight Rises is the best comic book movie ever made. Despite it's notable flaws in audio and pacing with a very slow and yawning beginning it is hands down is the most inspirational movie of it's genre and lives up to "escalation" as a main theme in the trilogy. As a hardcore marvel fan who loved Avengers and TASM i have no problem saying that i loved this war film and wasn't treated with simplistic conflicts of good and evil. Characters were grounded in reality, motivated by hardship and passionate in whatever they were to convince. long story short this is the best batman film to date and i'm going to go watch it tonight in IMAX and i strongly encourage you all to do it the same Smile
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get what you mean, but I don't understand why people hate the fact that he distanced himself from the comics. Nolan's films have never pretended to be as fantastical as the comics, nor have they been entitrely faithful to them. The first two movies, in a sense, created a Nolan Universe, and this time he just played around with it more.

Im not a DC fan at all, I'm Marvel all the way, but Marvel film's are so boring. What TDKR has done is span a lifetime of a superhero, not of Bruce Wayne's lifetime, but as his time as Batman. This final film was a masterpeice where all the threads come together, and we actually see an ending to the Bruce Wayne story. What more would you want?
SK47DD
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
First of all, hello. My first post since joining the forum.

In terms of this film, I do not think we can safely say what is the "best comic book movie" ever considering that every character is different.
What works for Batman may not work for Superman. What works for Captain America may not work for Ironman.
Can we safely say that The Rock is the best action film of all time? What about The Road Warrior or Terminator 2?
Point being, we cannot say that one certain film is the "best ever" much like comic book characters. Not one character is the best ever.

Aside from that, did you watch it on IMAX?
digodiego
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, obviously "best ever" is just a way to highlight the cuality of the movie, but I catch your idea; you can love a comicbook-movie more than others but even in this genre each movie is different.

I found TDKR legendary, epic! There's few other ways to end a saga. BUT I really didn't felt I was watching a Batman movie at all. I felt it breaks with the mafia-street-night atmosphere of the other movies; it's not a tipical Batman film, but it's a good point! Nolan's triying not to repeat himself and he did a masterwork instead! It surprised me ^^
theunrealstudios
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"best" was my personal opinion and others are naturally entitled to their opinions. It is pretty safe to say however that if it's not the best it's the most inspirational comic book movie to date with the amount of sacrifices made in the story, the fall and rise of one man and with the ending. it just felt like it respected the escalation and left fans satisfied for a batman film.
Solid_Payne
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mixed feelings. I felt like it was close to being a Grand slam of a movie, but fell a bit short. They tried to pack in too many twists towards the end that all more or less fell flat and hurt the movie's credibility.
Best Action Movie? That's a definite no. I can think of about 200 movies that are better action films in every way.
Best comic movie? Getting closer, but TDK was better IMO, and Avengers just gets the feel of comicy goodness down a lot better. TDKR has moments where it wants to have fun, but then it's like Nolan had to slap himself mid-way and say no! Bruce Wayne doesn't get to have fun! And did I mention this is a serious movie!! With serious themes!! See!! See!!

Bane was cool but actually wanting to set off a nuke in Gotham? That was like it came out of Tim Burton's movie.
Catwoman worked for me.
The ending was good and FINALLY some fight scenes worth watching!

The
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: