Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Joe Carnahan reveals his Daredevil Trilogy plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Joe Carnahan reveals his Daredevil Trilogy plan Reply with quote

Interesting interview here. Carnahan reveals that with Mark Millar's input he was planning 3 DD movies, set during 3 different dates, 1973, 1979, and 1985.

I guess that clears up Millar's interesting tweets from a few months back when he was talking about "a buddy's plan for DD".

Check out the interview here, forward to 07.15 to get to the DD discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KDtSoqP3s

I'm even more pissed that his take on DD isnt happening now. I think Matt would have finally gotten the big screen treatment he deserves. On a somewhat positive note, he did say that Kevin Feige liked his pitch.
SK47DD
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true what Carnahan says, the Hells Kitchen of today is not the Hells Kitchen that it was. I dont think New Yorkers even call it the Kitchen anymore.
It has been redeveloped over the past few years.
X-Men First Class is proof that a film set in a former period works and DD is best when it comes to the street.
AP
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it really matters that the real world "Hells Kitchen" isn't plagued with crime like it used to be. Whether the eventual film is set in the present or in the future, they can keep the neighborhood crime-ridden if they want, it's all fantasy.

In a world where the Nazis had a super secret wing called Hydra during WWII and where the world is policed by global organization called SHIELD, I don't think the real world crime rate of Hells Kitchen (or Clinton as it's now called) really matters compared to those inconsistencies.

Most of New York City isn't as crime-ridden as it was in the 70's, so by that logic no superhero movie set in the present time will work because there's way less crime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: