Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Cabin in the Woods screenwriter loves Daredevil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Cabin in the Woods screenwriter loves Daredevil Reply with quote

As you may already know, Goddard worked with Marvel's The Avengers writer and director Joss Whedon on The Cabin in the Woods screenplay, and was quick to point out just how incredible the superhero ensemble was a few months before its release (and he wasn't wrong). As for whether or not he's actually interested in being involved with a big screen comic book adaptation, it turns out that he's made his love of 20th Century Fox's stable of Marvel's characters to studio head Tim Rothman, and that there is someone in particular that he's a big fan of.

"You're talking to a guy who had quotes from Daredevil painted on his wall while growing up. Even when I was 18, I still had the blood red door with the, 'I have shown him that a man without hope is a man without fear'. That was what I loved and so it's the sort of thing that if we can find the right project, I would love to do it. They have most of the stuff that was on my walls as a kid. These conversations always happen, but until anything's official, who knows? I definitely put it out there that I love all of these characters. I haven't really thought about it too much in terms of how to make a movie. Like everyone else, I love 'Born Again'. That was just seminal work for me, but everything that Frank Miller did on Daredevil is like the Bible to me."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=64757#o5VxbdxAfVWLVEEx.99

hmmmm, so this guy who loves DD, and has made it known to Fox was never brought on to work on the reboot? The only reason I can think why this never happened would be scheduling. Please Fox, do not let DD go to waste!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox is running out of time. This guy does sound like he could be the right man for the job, but he's not attached to the screenplay Fox is supposedly happy with. The only way this guy could be attached to Daredevil is if Fox somehow goes into production this fall, and this guy is hired for the sequel. The other way is if Fox loses the rights, and Marvel hires him to write the screenplay.
SK47DD
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THat sounds great. I did see Cabin in the Woods and it was a fun film. Very smart in the way they tied in horror movie cliches.
I sincerely hope that Fox retains the rights and even pumps out a crappy but average DD film.
Why? Although it would be good to have Marvel get the rights back I fear this whole "entire Mavel universe deal" might short change the character of DD.
I personally would like to see DD set in his own universe, away from the Marvel cinematic world that way anyone who jumps on is not forced to make DD part of this world.
Unless, Marvel is willing to do seperate DD from the rest.
Nightwing2001
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel has way too much on the go right now with their movies, I really don't think it would be a good idea for Daredevil to go back to them. I doubt they would put out a DD movie in the near future with everything else that they have going on and even if they did they would probably try to make it "fit" with their Avengers-verse they have going now and I can't see that being a good thing at all. Not if we want to see a dark gritty DD film.

I don't know much about these studio rights and all but if Fox lost them and they reverted back to Marvel could Fox aquire the rights from them a second time? This would better IMO because I don't want to see a rushed crappy DD film made, I want something we can be proud of after the crap-tastic one we got with Affleck. The greatness of the Nolan Batman movies shows that a great Daredevil flim that us DD fans want to see CAN be made.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with you guys. I know alot of people want to see DD back at Marvel, but there is no way they're going to make a movie any time soon, and they defenitely would not be able to resist putting him in their cinematic universe.

God only knows what's happening with this film. I see alot of people saying it wont even be made because Fox doesnt care for it. I hope this isnt the case because the character needs a good big screen outing, there is no other character out there with the potential that a Daredevil film can bring to audiences. Come on Fox, make this happen!
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox is the same studio that not only brought you the previous inadequate Daredevil movie, but also the crapular Elektra movie. Based on that, why would you trust Fox to suddenly bring you the Daredevil movie we deserve. As Dr. Phil says, "The best way to predict future behaviour is through past behaviour."

Inversely, the only movie to come out under the Marvel banner that disappointed me was Iron Man 2. I've thoroughly enjoyed every other movie, many to a surprising degree. The solo movies have been good solo outings, and if they involved other players in the universe, they've been only S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and short scenes after the credits. I hope the rights go back to Marvel, and if that means I'll have to wait a long time for a Daredevil movie, I'll wait. I don't want another bad one.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the first DD movie was bad, and Elektra was even worse, but I would still trust Fox over Marvel.

When it comes to comics, its always been Marvel and always will be. But in terms of films, I just cant get into them. They're not badly made films, just boring.

On the other hand, I like Tom Rothman, and I think that if he really wants to, he can get a great DD film off of the ground. I know its going back four years or so, but he did say he wanted someone with a vision directing DD the same way WB had with Nolan. David Slade was that person, but since he's gone, time will only tell what happens.
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most miss that has gone on with movies featuring Marvel characters was outside the Marvel Studios movie outfit. So I don't see how I can wish that DD not return to them. Granted that "Amazing" was indeed amazing, loved it more than I did "Rises". It's still just one movie over how many? Well let's say two since "First Class" was quite awesome as well. But again...

I'm almost sure that Marvel Studios want DD back. The only reason why they won't make a movie is because they can't. Ergo, once they have the rights back, I'm sure they will make a DD movie.

If people don't want DD back to Marvel because they think that Disney won't make a gritty movie. I still feel it would be best to make a movie about DD, even if it's not gritty, than make a movie and have people go..."What Batman rip-off is this we're watching?". I would be first to say that DD is Marvel's answer to Batman. But at the end of the day. DD is still better than Batman.(Yes, I said it!) And I would never wish for his next movie outing to be a rip-off of whatever. That's why I feel "Born Again" is a wrong way to go, at least not yet. I would rather see a movie that is a marriage of Loeb's "Yellow" and Miller's "The Man With Without Fear".

It would also make more sense money-wise for Fox to return DD. They would still make money by cutting a deal to do distribution for the DD film Marvel Studios will make. They will lose money if they make a movie with the time that they have left.

Personally, I would get a kick out of seeing the original costume on the big screen. And okay...I want "Yellow" to be a basis for the movie 'cause I wanna see Purple Man on the big screen dammit!

Hey KM, is there a possibility of you getting a statement from Marvel Studios big wigs as to what they would do if they do get the DD rights back?
fredchirsty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The other way is if Fox loses the rights, and Marvel hires him to write the screenplay."

This fourm is totally based on the Marvel production ... This line is totally represent to it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: