Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil back at Marvel, what does this mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Daredevil back at Marvel, what does this mean? Reply with quote

So Im sure we've all read the news that DD is heading back to Marvel, as well as seeing Joe Carnahan's reels for his take on the film.

So what now?

Many reports seem to think we wont see a DD film any time soon due to Marvel's full schedule, while others suggest that it's still likley that Carnahan could still direct under Disney/Marvel.

I personally dont think they'll plan a DD project for a few years. Carnahan's relationship with Rothman/Fox seems to be very good but if he has no connection to the guys at Marvel/Disney will they really consider him?

I hope so, I loved his violent 70's style reel.

What do you guys think will happen?
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it many times before, but a Daredevil TV show could be great. And we already know that Marvel/Disney is exploring options for the Marvel movie universe in that medium.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll see an animated Daredevil TV show before we see a live action movie, but based on what I've seen from Marvel Studios, both will be worth the wait. They've certainly generated more trust from me than Fox, who really didn't show much care in their Daredevil, Elektra or Fantastic Four films.

While Carnahan's reels showed an interesting idea, it could have gone very wrong as well. Honestly, who among us thinks of "70s exploitation" when we think of Daredevil?

I always was willing to wait for Marvel to do it right anyway.
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD doesn't scream "70s exploitation" to me either. Although I've seen people point out on other boards that it makes more sense to set a DD film in the seventies, given the way Hell's Kitchen was back then compared to how it is now.
Ali Kryton
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:
I've said it many times before, but a Daredevil TV show could be great. And we already know that Marvel/Disney is exploring options for the Marvel movie universe in that medium.

This! I really hope the peeps at Marvel are thinking along the same lines... fingers crossed.
fredchirsty
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think marvel is now smart to make a lower budget to choose Daredevil.

Lets see what did it effects on the Marvel Comic...
ninjacop
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having Daredevil back at marvel is amazing, just think of the kind of director they could get considering the amazing directors they have already had in the past, and future (James Gunn director of Super to direct Guardians of the galaxy).

Also i'm glad joe carnahan didnt get the job as the 70sploitation thing wouldnt have worked for me. I think they should go film noir taking inspiration from bendis and maleeva especially.

Or

Go audience friendly and use waid's current run as inspiration.
Punisher74
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe now we can have Punisher and Daredevil in the same movie. Cause Punisher is with Marvel too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: