Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL series coming to Netflix in 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: DAREDEVIL series coming to Netflix in 2015 Reply with quote

Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage series all will be on Netflix, with a Defenders movie!

http://bit.ly/1c1JTpF

[I shortened the URL, since it was causing the page to get cut off]

Last edited by Kuljit Mithra on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stiltman62
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...huge news!

I work for Disney in Orlando and being a Marvel fan was great news when Disney purchased Marvel (and they made the announcement on my birthday which was even better!).

Anyways, many said it was going to be bad for Marvel but synergy like this is what Disney is all about and this deal probably would have been difficult otherwise.
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!! Now give us a more dark and noir printed series and we're good.Go Defenders!!!
thank god for stilt-man
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of those characters. So this actually makes me excited about comics on screen again.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????? Is this a dream?? Am I dreaming??? OMG!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, and I'm glad it's live action. While the comics may not be quite the same, it certainly suggests a return to noir and urban realism in a print run. What's going on now... Halloween monsters, Matt in plaid bermuda shorts ... is just painful.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great news for sure.

I'm a little worried about the Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones thing. Until fairly recently Iron Fist and Luke Cage weren't really that connected to DD. I feel like Bendis shoe horned them in because he was writing Avengers and thought they were "street level"? I dunno. Still, could be wicked.

(If they end up being "The Defenders" though, that will be dumb.)

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
qtmxd
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not remember correctly, but I thought Bendis's DD and Alias were before he went to Avengers, and the Alias Max series ended. I thought his simultaneous runs on DD and Alias were about the best series I've read, and Cage fit in very well.
I don't like anything he's done on Avengers... to me, it's hackwork, character schtick, and explosions.
(I hope I'm reading the posts correctly.... the edges are being cut off).
SK47DD
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think this will help the character be brought back into the public eye from the negative press the film brought it.

I am excited for that. I am one of those Horn Heads that think DD should deserve a film, but, hey, a series is no joke as well. Superman was on TV with the Adventures of Lois & Clark.

As stated I think this is all good news for DD
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit of an update from Disney CEO Bob Iger from Deadline.com

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/bob-iger-talks-up-marvel-netflix-deal-and-urges-patience-on-a-retrans-agreement-with-dish/

He basically says the 4 characters in the deal were not popular enough to get a feature film, but that could change if the shows do well.
qtmxd
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these shows were being done decades ago, when The Hulk and Flash were the standards, of course I'd want a movie. But now, with spectacle being essential for film, and television having evolved so far, I actually think the street level characters will work better on tv than movies. Sure, there's been some really good writing in some of the films, but it's largely buried in the action. Now a super hero show written on the level of Orange is the New Black... I'd take that over a movie.
qtmxd
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and remember a tv show now can be essentially R rated... a super hero movie never will be
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qtmxd wrote:
If these shows were being done decades ago, when The Hulk and Flash were the standards, of course I'd want a movie. But now, with spectacle being essential for film, and television having evolved so far, I actually think the street level characters will work better on tv than movies. Sure, there's been some really good writing in some of the films, but it's largely buried in the action. Now a super hero show written on the level of Orange is the New Black... I'd take that over a movie.

That is true, but I am hoping because this show is on Netflix, that it will be written as a cable show, not a network show.

I dropped Agents of Shield after 4 episodes, because I have been spoiled by cable and I can't watch network dramas anymore, something like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad managed to accomplish far more in their first episode then Agents of Shield did. I never seen a really good live action TV show based on a super hero, I am hoping these Netflix shows change that. I just hope DD can work well on a TV budget.

I am also hoping the show is either a hard PG-13 or a soft R rating wise and take more risks then a Network

Anyway what stories should the first season cover? Usually a Netflix series has 13 episodes right away to watch. You can have an overall arc of DD vs. the Kingpin, with DD fighting more minor villains either as agents of the Kingpin or minor villains having their own stand alone stories while the larger plot is moved forward in sub plots. What key stories that should be covered in a first season?
qtmxd
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never gave a thought to watching SHIELD. The poster alone turned me off... a middle-aged white guy with four white and one Asian kid in their twenties, all of whom look like models. I'm hoping for something akin to Bendis's take on DD, where the hero lives in diverse world of real people. That's why I gave Orange is the New Black as an example on Netflix, not a network show. And of course there's plenty of hard edged police procedural shows that have been on cable. I remember a potential director suggested The Wire with super heroes. Nolan certainly tried with the Batman movies, and they were good, but still overblown and the hero was a stiff. Can any series capture the humanity of the heroes and those around them... television could be good at that.
Guardian-Devil
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want at least PG-13 series and I don't even considering a big change in the suit, you know like what they did with Arrow!! But I do like the style of the Arrow series, maybe we would see a DD series like that but PG-13!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: