Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Season 2 Trailer Part 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Daredevil Season 2 Trailer Part 1 Reply with quote

The first trailer is out for Daredevil Season 2.

Part 2 will come out on February 25th.

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil-news-article/2016-02-15-Daredevil-S2-Trailer-Part-1
chamber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome trailer. looks like Daredevil's mask gets a little redesign as well at some point.
Ash-n-Bone
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks pretty damn good. I loved S1 but this looks like it could be better.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, that part one thing is killing me. I had almost forgot about Elektra. Now I'm curious what we'll see of her in part two.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
God, that part one thing is killing me. I had almost forgot about Elektra. Now I'm curious what we'll see of her in part two.

I did the same thing, I was so caught up in the trailer that when the last bit came around I was thinking, 'oh yeah! Elektra's going to be in it.'

I feel like I glimpsed the redesign is all red and if so it's going to look so much better just for that reason. Way too busy with two colours on that costume.

Either way it seems the one from the end of Season 1 is getting pretty badly damaged.

I'm glad the priest is around again. He was a personal favourite part of the first season for me.
GratefulFred
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back last year I wrote this and it looks like the writers didn't take notice...

[quote="GratefulFred"]As I said before, my opinion is that DD vs the Punisher can't be the only focus unless Marvel plans to make some 20 seasons of DD.

The Netflix format is a 13 hour movie and one major theme worked in the first run with the buildup of Matt vs Fisk and the back alley brawl was the perfect ending for round 1. To think that they can bring this magic back with just anti-hero Frank they are mistaken and in my opinion it won't go the distance as it always needs to be about Matt and Fisk.

The Punisher torturing and killing with Matt on a manhunt will degrade the series if that is what it's only all about. A few episodes would be great and be enough to wet people's attitudes to a Spin off Punisher Netflix series but please no more.

He can be a part of the series but he can't be on equal footing with Fisk who is after all the greatest super villain with no super powers.

Do we really want to see less of Kingpin?

The writer's thus far have showed true heart into what makes our favorite hero DD tick and it would be disappointing if they don't continue from last seasons success and realize that the Punisher is no Kingpin!

It is still early in their pre-marketing planning so let their be some buzz concerning their new actor. DD vs Punisher today may not be how it plays out next year.[/quote]

Now we are through two trailers and we can see that instead of great story telling of DD and the Kingpin, the Kingpin has been removed from the scene. It seems it was better financially to work on a spin off Punisher series than continue to show the development of Kingpin and Daredevil. Are they holding Kingpin back from promos just to surprise us in the show? Could be...but no one knows for sure. I loved Frank Miller's DD and Punisher battle with a court trial and pace maker flap which started this rivalry going but this "going over the edge - you are one bad day from becoming me" concept was really handled well in the first series and the confessions showed Matt's inner turmoil. The writer's think that this theme should be played out again with violence and action will realize that repetition doesn't great story telling.

Maybe in the end with the 2nd act featuring Elektra and the Hand, a new stronger story will develop and if Kingpin caused everything from jail maybe it was worth the distraction to see the master manipulator in action (even for a short while).

I am upbeat and excited for the 2nd season but the cliffhangers between the episodes better be really good and the end better have the Kingpin in it and ideally some darts hitting a dart board with deadly accuracy. If not, after the Defenders it may be all over and no season 3.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GratefulFred wrote:
Back last year I wrote this and it looks like the writers didn't take notice...

GratefulFred wrote:
As I said before, my opinion is that DD vs the Punisher can't be the only focus unless Marvel plans to make some 20 seasons of DD.

The Netflix format is a 13 hour movie and one major theme worked in the first run with the buildup of Matt vs Fisk and the back alley brawl was the perfect ending for round 1. To think that they can bring this magic back with just anti-hero Frank they are mistaken and in my opinion it won't go the distance as it always needs to be about Matt and Fisk.

The Punisher torturing and killing with Matt on a manhunt will degrade the series if that is what it's only all about. A few episodes would be great and be enough to wet people's attitudes to a Spin off Punisher Netflix series but please no more.

He can be a part of the series but he can't be on equal footing with Fisk who is after all the greatest super villain with no super powers.

Do we really want to see less of Kingpin?

The writer's thus far have showed true heart into what makes our favorite hero DD tick and it would be disappointing if they don't continue from last seasons success and realize that the Punisher is no Kingpin!

It is still early in their pre-marketing planning so let their be some buzz concerning their new actor. DD vs Punisher today may not be how it plays out next year.

Now we are through two trailers and we can see that instead of great story telling of DD and the Kingpin, the Kingpin has been removed from the scene. It seems it was better financially to work on a spin off Punisher series than continue to show the development of Kingpin and Daredevil. Are they holding Kingpin back from promos just to surprise us in the show? Could be...but no one knows for sure. I loved Frank Miller's DD and Punisher battle with a court trial and pace maker flap which started this rivalry going but this "going over the edge - you are one bad day from becoming me" concept was really handled well in the first series and the confessions showed Matt's inner turmoil. The writer's think that this theme should be played out again with violence and action will realize that repetition doesn't great story telling.

Maybe in the end with the 2nd act featuring Elektra and the Hand, a new stronger story will develop and if Kingpin caused everything from jail maybe it was worth the distraction to see the master manipulator in action (even for a short while).

I am upbeat and excited for the 2nd season but the cliffhangers between the episodes better be really good and the end better have the Kingpin in it and ideally some darts hitting a dart board with deadly accuracy. If not, after the Defenders it may be all over and no season 3.

To be fair I don't think Kingpin has to be the Big Bad of every season, I like Kingpin, but I think giving other antagonists a chance to shine is a good thing. I actually think Kingpin is a bit over exposed in the comics and I think giving him the occasional vacation can make his later appearances more impactful.

Also realistically Kingpin should not get out of jail right away and I heard Vincent D'Onofrio was busy with another project, so frankly its not really feasible to have Kingpin be the Big Bad of this season and I think we could get a season worth of entertaining shows with Punisher, the Hand and Elektra and have Kingpin return with a vengeance in season 3 and hire Bullseye to take out DD in that season.
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Punisher showing up and killing people is forcing Matt to ask himself if he should kill and repeating a theme. I think that part of the character was very fully sewn up in season 1. Hence the conflict with Matt who doesn't kill and Frank who does.

I also don't see using new and different antagonists as a negative sign in any way. Having more characters we know are great get the treatment and screen time that Wilson got can only be a good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: