Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DD/Punisher Seventh Circle Infinite comic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: DD/Punisher Seventh Circle Infinite comic Reply with quote

Anyone else check this out?

I imagine to tie in with their upcoming confrontations on the Netflix show, the first installment of this Infinite comic series was released about two weeks ago, I think. Written by Soule with art by Reilly Brown and Szymon Kudranski.

The story was interesting, Matt witnessing a Russian criminal getting transported for transfer from Manhattan to Texas for his trial when the Punisher intervenes. Blindspot makes a cool appearance here though based on Frank's actions to him, it's still clear that Sam is quite the novice.

I'm not familiar with these artists. For the most part, I liked it though some facial shots and body poses were a tad exaggerated for my tastes.

Overall, I enjoy these motion comics, makes for some great reading and a unique use of the dynamics of the comic medium.
Dragonbat
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on the motion comics. I tend to try them out, even when the character doesn't mean as much to me (which would explain how I started picking up Silver Surfer, incidentally). And yes, this was a strong start to what looks like a really good story.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this was originally announced I immediately said "I have to check this out." Then when it was released, I didn't even notice. Thanks for the reminder, I'll go read it.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked it up. It's a bit weird because I'm trade waiting and haven't read any All New All Different Daredevil yet. So for me it's a sneak peak on what the heck is going on.

Still, at this point I have the same complaint I did about Daredevil: Road Warrior which is it doesn't seem super worth it. So Matt tried to move someone and the Punisher wants to kill him? I feel like maybe we've seen that before? So far it's prett basic set up and not really worth $1.99.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Infinite Comic format. It was a fun story, focused on the action side of things. It emphasizes that he's better at writing Daredevil than Matt Murdock, but it's just an opening issue so let's see where they go from there.

Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised, Comixology usually promotes/showcases these Infinite comics better. #2 came out and I only saw it when I checked on the series info itself instead on seeing it on their main page.

Still, another decent chapter. DD and Blindspot manage to loose Frank but then Antanov throws his own monkey wrench into the plan. He has a little nice moral debate with DD over the Justice System's inherent view of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Another nice cliffhanger as Blindspot is caught between a rock (Antanov's gang) and a hard place (Frank).

So far, still enjoying this.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an action-forward story and I think the art and the format serve it quite well. Certainly, it's fun to look at.

The story is still pretty light. I do like Antonov throwing Daredevil's beliefs on his head since his position now is to determine guilt as a prosecutor in order to pursue the case and hopefully get a conviction. Aside from that, it's fun light read.

russell
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am enjoying this series a lot.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third comic came out today, just in case you were wondering. More info on the front page of the site...
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Still nothing happens.

I read this and then later in the day literally forgot that I had read it and then went back and realized that I had read it. It's that forgettable.

Why aren't you laughing?
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuljit Mithra wrote:
The third comic came out today, just in case you were wondering. More info on the front page of the site...

Thanks. For once again, even after buying some copies off of Comixology that day, I saw no sign of this being available.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this one stood out a bit more. The big difference is the exploration of Matt's senses. I thought he did a good job of doing a "Daredevil loses his radar sense" issue. Otherwise, the Punisher stood out more than anything else.

I'm actually curious about the portrayal of Blindspot here. Given how the story with Tenfingers was going, I wouldn't have been surprised if Blindspot actually agreed with Punisher. Here, however, he was a good soldier and followed Daredevil's commands.

Is this a four-part story? It's been fine overall, but pretty underwhelming. I haven't had any problems while reading it, but I'm looking forward to a resolution.

james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what resolution could there possibly be? I'm not even sure I know what the problem is. What are we trying to resolve? It's been three issues of people fighting. Is there a good guy or bad guy? What's the plot?

Why aren't you laughing?
Dayle88
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of these Infinite Comics have been that good have they? I've always seen them as cheap, online specials that mean nothing.

Punisher wants bad guy dead, Daredevil wants him in prison. That's it and probably all there's going to be.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
But what resolution could there possibly be? I'm not even sure I know what the problem is. What are we trying to resolve? It's been three issues of people fighting. Is there a good guy or bad guy? What's the plot?

The plot is three issues of people fighting. I agree with that. It's not even really a "you choose who's right" type story because they spend very little on their philosophies. It comes off pretty much what you see on the tin and nothing more. That's why at least Soule exploring DD's senses stood out a bit (particularly with the way the art handled it). If I had to say who the protagonist, I'd say Daredevil, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: