Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #14 Preview, Reviews and Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #14?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Murdock wrote:
This was a personal story for Daredevil as a mentor (and, more importantly, as a failed mentor). The ending was about this failure and how he was unable to get any closure from it.

I agree. Conversely, one could argue that up until this arc Sam was a lousy student as all he'd managed to do previously was fall off a building, have his arm broken by Elektra, and save a bunch of people from Tenfingers' henchpeople because one of said henchpeople happened to be his mom. Maybe he's just not cut out for superhero stuff?

Ultimately, though, I believe that even if Daredevil and Blindspot were more experienced in their respective roles Muse would have still prevailed pulling something like this since he's such an impulsive and violent psychopath. He can't be easily stalled or distracted like some other villains.

Thayrone Ibsen wrote:
Ok. Really? Nobody is seeing the awful possibility of this so called good writer creating a Daredevil of his own, after this "dramatic" issue?

All the more reason to buy the book and its upcoming spinoffs in my opinion. Soule doesn't write in a vacuum, and I'd personally much rather have Marvel think they need to keep Matt around to anchor the Daredevil line.
Darkdevil
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drama and suspense was great but the ending was a complete letdown. What could've been a strong ending to a dark arc gets invalidated instead by yet another interference from the almighty Inhumans.

3 stars.
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkdevil wrote:
The drama and suspense was great but the ending was a complete letdown. What could've been a strong ending to a dark arc gets invalidated instead by yet another interference from the almighty Inhumans.

3 stars.

Yessir. Charles Soule's track record on Daredevil for ending stories in a satisfying way is abysmal. He's like a gymnast who, when he's up on the parallel bars is impressive enough, and then he dismounts onto his head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: