Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DD Book Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could work. Although I'm thinking of doing just the next one and saving the last one (maybe for either Luke Cage or Iron Fist Season Two since it involves Misty Knight).

Here are my thoughts. We'll do Dark Nights 4-5 next. After that, in honor of the Inhumans TV show, I'll go back to Ann Nocenti and do the back half of the Lone Stranger arc (the Number 9 story) and Acts of Vengeance (I was just going to do the Ultron story, but I figured we'd never cover 271-274 otherwise). Then, in time for Thor: Ragnarok, I'll do the overwhelmingly silly story where Matt dresses up as Thor and then becomes a blind person (Daredevil #30-32). I'm pretty sure Mike Murdock is involved.

Is that OK? I'm open to other options (including not doing anything for Inhumans or just doing the Ultron story). 272 is collected in Lone Stranger and 274 will be collected and released in the Heart of Darkness Epic Collection on October 3 (about 12 days before we reach it), but neither is on Unlimited. We would also not be doing anything for Punisher, but I feel like we've done a lot and the only Punisher story I can think of left is the one with D.G. Chichester.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly pretty low on ideas. One idea I had was to do a quick two-parter to give people time to buy the issues for the Micah Synn story if they don't already have them (202, 204, 206, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214). Maybe for the two parter, I would go with Fog and Vengeance in Venice (220-221), which I've always been partial to. Or I can go in a completely different direction.

Dimetre, do you have the Micah Synn issues?

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I most certainly do. That two-parter is in Love's Labor Lost, correct?
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. And on Marvel Unlimited.

Belfan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on Punisher... did you do the story where it's done in two different POV's... I kinda liked that... somewhere around 257 and Punsher #10 (I think)
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, The Creep/The Bully.

I have to fix the hosting since Photobucket doesn't work anymore, but if you want to comment on the two issues, there's no real time limit.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my plans going forward. As usual, if there are any suggestions or anyone wants to veto anything, let me know. I do my best to find things to tie in when possible and, of course, pick interesting stories.

Here's my plan. After the Micah Synn story ends, I need a two-parter and decided to go with #124-125, which is the story about Copperhead. It's Marv Wolfman, who doesn't get a lot of attention and also features a character we included only briefly in the Daredevil/Spider-Man mini. He's also a character Frank Miller had said he had ideas on how to use, so I thought it would be worth exploring the original story.

After that, in honor of Black Panther, I'm going with Daredevil #69. I thought about 52 (their first crossover), but that's really part of a larger story of 49-55, which is a) too much story and b) not a very good story.

Next, I need a one issue fill-in. I have no idea specifically which one, but I was thinking of a couple ideas: #166 (the McKenzie/Miller Gladiator issue), #128 (the first appearance of Death Stalker), and #67 (a random Stilt-Man issue). Other ideas welcome.

There's been a lot of rumors that Typhoid Mary might be in Jessica Jones Season Two. I have no idea if that's true or not, but a strong female villain would be fitting regardless. This is a story I've struggled with how to do because it comes in the middle of a secondary plot. We technically already did one issue of the Kelco story with Merry Christmas Kingpin, so I decided that was a lost cause. The bigger issue was how to end it. Luckily, right at the end of the story arc, the New Mutants movie will come out, so I figured we could finish the Inferno tie-in story. So, we'll be doing 254-256, 259-263, and 265.

Finally, in honor of Avengers: Infinity War, I figured we'd do Daredevil #99 and Avengers #111. I originally thought of a big crazy idea of doing all the different character tie-ins, but that could have taken half a year.

Speaking of half a year, that should take us through May 13. Let me know what you think.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, as soon as I announce my big epic plan to tie into both Jessica Jones (sort of) and New Mutants, Fox announces that they're moving New Mutants to February of 2019. I'll keep the Copperhead story next, followed by Black Panther. Then I'll reevaluate what I want to do. I might leave it the same or do some more Avengers-related tie-ins.

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered the two-part first appearance of Bullseye? I'd also love to cover #181 at some point.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Bullseye story is definitely on my mind. I was waiting to see if Daredevil Season Three has Bullseye or not since I was thinking of going all out Bullseye then, but I can go ahead and move it up. There was a two-part slot I was thinking of putting an Owl story in, but I'll go ahead right now and swap in Bullseye instead. So look for that a week from tomorrow.

181 is trickier. I honestly feel, to do it justice, I should do the entire Elektra Saga (maybe minus 178 since we already did that story). I was holding off since I thought maybe people felt they read it one too many times or they wanted to cover other things first. Would you prefer to break things up or keep them together? My hope was to aim for 168-177, 179-181 some time around the release of Daredevil Season Three.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally had different plans to have a bigger tie to Infinity War, but when they moved the release date up, I decided to switch gears. I'm going to do the Tony Isabella Hydra/SHIELD story next. Then I'll go with Daredevil 99 and Avengers 111. Finally, I really want to do the first appearance of the Jester (which was my plan for the next story), so I'll go with that.

After that, I was thinking of building towards the Elektra Saga. Looking at it, I don't think we have to commit to the whole thing at once, but I don't want to do the story out of chronological order (with the exception of Paper Chase, which we've already done). I think 168, 169, 170-172, 173, 174-177, 178, 179-182 would be a good way to break it down. Let me know what you think?

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to give a head's up for upcoming plans. I'm going to post the first issue of Flying Blind today. It's a story I've never read before and it's a different writer so it felt like a good time to cover it.

After that, I had planned to finish up Daredevil Dark Nights because the story involves Misty Knight who will both be appearing in Iron Fist Season Two and the upcoming Daredevil Annual so it felt appropriately timed. However, they just announced that Iron Fist Season Two will have Typhoid Mary. Given that, I kind of want to do something for her. That being said, I've been pushing off Fall From Grace forever and don't want to push it off much further so I'd like to start that in time for Venom's guest appearance to coincide with his movie.

My plan is a little unusual, but here's what I'm thinking of doing. The Typhoid Mary story is broken up into two parts (plausibly three once Inferno starts). The first part is Daredevil vs. Typhoid Mary. Then there's a break for two issues (one of which we already covered). Then it's Daredevil vs. all of the Nocenti rogues, which leads into Inferno. My thought is to just cover part one (#254 to 256) in place of the Dark Nights story. Then we'll go into Fall From Grace. We can return to Typhoid Mary right after or some time in the future depending on what else we want to cover. Let me know if anyone wants to do something else instead.

Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more long-term plans. The plan is to do a bit more of the Elektra Saga with #173 tomorrow and then the introduction of the Hand after that. Then I'm going to try and do a couple stories not collected in trade or on Unlimited so I wanted to warn people now if they don't have the issues and want to join in:

On March 3 for Mardis Gras and the following week, I'd like to do the Ann Nocenti story that is Daredevil #244 and 245.

Then I'll continue the Elektra Saga some more before April 14 where I would like to do #362, 363, and 364. These issues are actually going to be collected in trade for the first time in June, but I want to do it now because they thematically tie into Avengers: Endgame.

After that, we've neglected Brian Michael Bendis for too long so I'll do another Black Widow story that is next chronologically.

After that, things are very much wide open.

shanewatson452587
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever length of time that it's accessible on Comixology or Marvel Unlimited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: