Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

When did Daredevil and She-Hulk practice law together?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: When did Daredevil and She-Hulk practice law together? Reply with quote

In She-Hulk’s Marvel Legacy primer pages, She-Hulk is shown in court, and her co-counsel is Matt Murdock. My question is, when did this happen?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware of Matt being her co-counsel. I know Charles Soule worked Matt into his She-Hulk run, which I didn't finish. (I found it too irreverent.) I'm only familiar with Matt being Jen's opposing counsel.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on She-Hulk and I haven't seen those pages. The only thing I'm aware of is when they went against each other in Soule's She-Hulk run or their brief interaction together in a recent Daredevil issue.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
macjr33
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone else has wanted Matt to partner up with Jennifer Walters? It seems so logical that I am surprised that no one has tried it. Something like Nelson, Murdock and Walters has a nice ring to it I think? If I am not mistaken Soule wrote She-Hulk before DD so he would definitely know the character and from what little I know of the character, it hasn't been doing well so may be a way to keep the character going.

In addition, I think that they could be an interesting couple as well. Would be an unexplored dynamic where Matt is the far weaker half in the relationship. Bullseye wouldn't have much luck going after She-Hulk that's for sure.

Thoughts?
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I at the very least have wanted a Daredevil/She-Hulk mini-series for a while now. I think they could partner up and make for a very good legal thriller. I don't think I'm interested in the idea of them as a couple. I still want Matt to do some soul searching before his next romance.

As things are right now, Jennifer Walters doesn't have much control over her Hulk alter-ego. Her comic right now is probably the best she's ever starred in, because it's playing up the horror of her monster self. It would be a very interesting time for her and Matt to partner up in a story.
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt and Jen were a couple in the alternate reality in House of M, but it was just one panel as they were smiling at each other outside of the courthouse.

She-Hulk’s title isn’t doing well in sales, so if it is cancelled, I agree that Daredevil would make a good temporary home for her (because down the road Marvel will try another solo title with her.) I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read on Marvel Unlimited, but I totally understand why others aren’t happy with the darker take.

As for Matt being physically weaker than Jen, if anything, I think that opens up story possibilities, and platonic or romantic, I think both Matt and Jen would benefit spending time together. From Matt’s perspective, he would have someone he could relax more around because she would not be an easy target for his enemies. From Jen’s perspective, Matt is different from the other guys in her life, which would expand her world. It’d also keep her out of limbo, as disuse rarely does characters favors.
macjr33
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
I at the very least have wanted a Daredevil/She-Hulk mini-series for a while now. I think they could partner up and make for a very good legal thriller. I don't think I'm interested in the idea of them as a couple. I still want Matt to do some soul searching before his next romance.

I think a mini-series with Matt/Jen would be awesome, particularly one that has a more of a legal focus as you said, something similar to Daredevil: Redemption maybe? Where it focuses more on Matt Murdock and Jennifer Walters attorneys at law vs. Daredevil and She-Hulk. I've always felt that Daredevil: Redemption is so underrated and would like to see more stories like it (the last issue is easily one of the most gut-wrenching comics I've ever read).

I feel that Soule could do an awesome job writing something like that if given the opportunity.
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She-Hulk is confirmed to be ending, so if Soule wants to use her in Daredevil, now is the time.
macjr33
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunni wrote:
She-Hulk is confirmed to be ending, so if Soule wants to use her in Daredevil, now is the time.

Presumably Matt will be leaving the position of Deputy Mayor at some point and I doubt he goes back to the DA's Office, so perhaps he will be needing a new partner in the private sector?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: