Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

The devil you know - youtube channel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcarr1991
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: The devil you know - youtube channel Reply with quote

Hi guys. This is my first post. I actually tried to join this board a good while ago but was told to wait for a confirmation email that never came so i’ve only just today realised that i can post lol.

Anyway i’ve been a huge daredevil fan since the bendis era but have since gone back and read more or less everything that came before. I’ve started a YouTube channel called the devil you know devoted entirely to daredevil videos. Obviously this is a niche audience so i’m not expecting a particularly big audience but thought i’d share it here in case anyone was interested. I’ve created a series of ten videos which i’ll upload over the next week or 2 and the depending on if anyones watching i might go on to make more. It’s basically just a selection of top ten lists for now but that’d change in the future.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on the subject but i’m sure people on this board could blow me out of the water so if anyone has any constructive criticism or ideas for the future that’d b great. Hope you like it.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMU1jSoUXaCknpXXxPzmO5g
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to worship Mark Waid's run can you tell me now so I can skip out? If not I'll check it out.
lcarr1991
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol my opinion of waid is that he had a lot of good ideas but didn’t execute them great. I loved the idea of daredevils life having taken such a toll on him that the only way he can cope is by pretending to be a different, happier person. But it went on for so long that it seemed more like he was just using it as an excuse because he didn’t know how to write the character properly. I liked ikari but obviously hated matt running around in a suit and tie. Basically i don’t hate him as much as the die hards but don’t like him as much as the casuals. Razz
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out your channel and I liked it enough to subscribe, but I'd like it a lot more if the videos weren't narrated by a computer voice. That grates on my nerves after a while. Why don't you narrate the videos yourself?

Also, I'd enjoy videos that are more from your point of view. As someone who was driven nuts by the Bendis era, one thing I've always wanted is a video from a Bendis fan addressing frequent Bendis criticisms. Tell us your thoughts about Brubaker, Diggle, Waid and Soule.

Anyway, kudos to you for setting up the channel. I like the look of the videos, but I feel like they need more of your presence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: