Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #611 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #611?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #611 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #611 by Soule and Noto ships November 14th, and here's a preview!

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/gallery/Daredevil-V5-611

Please use this thread for all discussion when the issue ships!
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening of this issue has an almost oldschool vibe. It's a bit of internal monologue that recaps the past two issues for a pge turn splash page title page with Stilt-Man. Of all the Daredevil C-List villains, I think Stilt-Man is a bit overrated, but I love the way Phil Noto draws him.

The highlight of this issue was the fight. It was cool seeing Matt be clever and outsmarting his opponents to beat the odds. That being said, there's something a little odd about it. The little bits of blackout panels make me think something is up. I'm very curious how this will end.

Four Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I buy how he best that many of his enemies at once. One more issue to go and I have the slightest clue how this ends. It feels rushed to me.
Belfan
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's didn't really best anybody, other than outsmarting them. They defeated each other. I enjoyed the issue very much. I'm interested to see where this goes, and more importantly, what happens after this.
Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if a lot of it isn't making sense because... it's not really happening.

Some of these characters he's supposed to be fighting are dead, and Electro is wearing his old costume.
The use of black panels throughout, especially where it says "Clear!" suggests to me that he's still in the hospital and he's dreaming all of this arc. Maybe he didn't really get better so quickly at the start of this arc.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the other panel that makes me think he's still in surgery is the panel right before the second black panel where it says "fight, damn it." In that panel, Matt says everything is like a hallucination.

But we'll see.

Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting theory about the blackout panels. I don't think there was any indication before this that he didn't recover from his injuries, but we'll see how this all works as one story when the next issue comes out.

I liked the multiple Stilt Men, and I liked the assembly of villains. I bought how striking Klaw in the head would defeat them all. What I didn't like was Mike showing up on the rooftop and defeating Bullseye. Obviously Mike is going to put on the costume in the next issue and get killed. But that might be a dream.

I'm worried that in the reality of the comic, Mike may end up posing as Matt and/or Daredevil. I'm less worried that Sam will take over the Daredevil identity. Still, Matt shouldn't die, but if they are starting to suggest that he is on the operating table and that they are in danger of losing him, I guess we have to prepare for the worst. I don't have to like it though.

I gave this a three. This issue was going well for me until Mike showed up at the end. Also, as brilliant as Noto is, I would like to see more dynamic panel layout. I'm still kind of surprised how lazily Wesley's murder was played out last issue. A few inventive layout choices can really ramp up the action's impact. Case in point, one of Frank Miller's heroes Bernie Krigstein. In a short story called "Master Race" in 1955's Impact #1, he showed a man slipping on a subway platform and falling onto the tracks in a series of nine slim panels. (You can check it out here: https://www.vulture.com/2018/04/frank-miller-talks-bernard-krigstein-dark-knight-inspiration.html) Phil Noto is such a talented artist, but there were times over the last couple of issues where I felt myself crying out for more creativity (especially when Wesley was murdered). Anyway, thank you for allowing me to fit in that last gripe. One more issue to go.
Daredevil24
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new teaser with DD holding a sword makes me believe it's Sam under the mask. The sword looks similar to the sword Matt and Father Jordan used. Daredevil is also glowing which makes me think it's the magic aura from the Beast.
lcarr1991
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had soooooo many questions about this issue until i came here.
Isn’t ikari dead?
Isn’t gladiator in ravencroft?
Hasn’t electro changed his suit?
Since when has there been an army of stilt-men?
Did they really just kill bullseye so unceremoniously so soon after returning his abilities?

Then i came to this thread and the theory that matts still in surgery suddenly makes not just this issue but the last few make sense. The vigils maybe going to be symbolic and when matt stops running from him he’ll take him to heaven or something . The only thing is that if matt dies on the operating table who’s going to stop fisk.

Unless the entire arc of the replacement is taking on the kingpin jumping in at the deep end.
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember Ikari being dead, unless I'm forgetting something.
Gladiator was out in the Annual backup story by Roger McKenzie. I don't know how you want to interpret that. The Stilt-Man thing was described as new in the issue.

I mean, I don't think any of it's real but the only thing that felt like a continuity error (if the theory is wrong) is Electro's costume.

lcarr1991
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ok i don’t go in for the annuals normally.

Ikari was stabbed and thrown off a roof by the shroud. His body went missing implying that he may not have been dead but then his head was seen mounted on the wall of kravens mansion in a Captain America comic.

I was also thinking of his insane healing factor a few issues back. At the time i thought it was just lazy writing but if this is all basically a dream then him getting better so fast isn’t his new wolverine powers manifesting but a pretty big contrast between the truth and what his mind is telling him is true.
Sunni
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four stars for me; like Mike Murdock, I’m not the biggest Stit-Man fan either.

Mike Murdock wrote:
The highlight of this issue was the fight. It was cool seeing Matt be clever and outsmarting his opponents to beat the odds.
Belfan wrote:
He's didn't really best anybody, other than outsmarting them. They defeated each other.

I really enjoyed that as well. I like Matt using his mind.

Dimetre wrote:
What I didn't like was Mike showing up on the rooftop and defeating Bullseye.

I loved that. It’s so fitting in so many ways thematically for Mike to do what Matt can’t.

lcarr1991 wrote:
Ikari was stabbed and thrown off a roof by the shroud. His body went missing implying that he may not have been dead but then his head was seen mounted on the wall of kravens mansion in a Captain America comic.

That is good to know; I wondered what happened to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: