Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

DAREDEVIL #32 Preview, Reviews and Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What did you think of DAREDEVIL #32?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Kuljit Mithra
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: DAREDEVIL #32 Preview, Reviews and Discussion Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL #32 ships July 28th and here's the cover and preview!

https://www.manwithoutfear.com/preview-images/daredevil-v6-032

Please use thread for all discussion when the issue ships next week. By Zdarsky, Hawthorne, Di Benedetto, Menyz and Cowles, with covers by Checchetto & Wilson, and Momoko[/img]
Dimetre
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was a pretty good issue, which is why I gave it a three. I thought the action was good. I'm enjoying this mystery that Matt has to solve in prison. Pitting Elektra against Bullseye is always a good idea. Mike Murdock didn't bother me this issue, probably for the first time, because I found his genuine shock at witnessing Butch's brutality compelling.

The only things that held this issue back from being better include the presence of Alice. I really don't know what her character brings to the story. Is she simply someone to whom Elektra can talk? She's kind of a ridiculous character to add to this story, and she brings the book down whenever she shows up.

The other thing that held this book back was inconsistency of Marcio Menyz's colours, especially when it came to Matt's facial hair. It looks much darker and fuller towards the end of the issue, and that was very distracting.

Other than that, I thought this was solid. Chip Zdarsky gives each of his characters some solid moments. I'm expecting Wilson Fisk and Typhoid Mary to become a permanent couple for a long time.
fubarthepanda
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I disliked the sub-plots and the art, I'll give this issue a pass for the simple sight of seeing Matt man-up and act like Daredevil for a change, without any of the religious or woke clap-trap of the previous issues. Baby steps...
Mike Murdock
Golden Age

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like there are too many plots this issue so none of the plots can breathe properly. I understand why Matt story is here to keep him busy, but it felt distracting and didn't give the other story enough emphasis. Three and a Half Stars.

Not sure what to read next? Check out the Book Club for some ideas!

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
DesignDevil
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually a solid issue without anything offensively stupid (besides Mike) like most of the issues over the last year.

I'll give it a 3. Hawthorne's art was better than usual. Its nice that he didn't half-ass his last issue like many artists do when they move on.

The story was actually interesting. It was nice seeing Matt be proactive, and not moping around, being preached to about things he would already be well aware of as a successful, bleeding heart liberal attorney pushing forty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: