Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Has anyone picked up the Elekra movie novelization?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randall
Root of Evil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Has anyone picked up the Elekra movie novelization? Reply with quote

I'm probably gonna pick it up over the weekend. Just wondering if anyone has picked it up and started it. If so, post your thoughts.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in my file at the LCS, but I didn't have enough cash to bring it home Wednesday. Maybe tomorrow...or I might just go read it. Laughing

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DarkElektraPhoenix
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: loved it Reply with quote

It was very cool it had both of my favorite characters Elektra and Typhoid Mary. Lots of extras
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the Daredevil Movie novelization. More so than the movie itself. I think there is something about reading books that unleashes the unlimited budget that is your imagination and makes the experience the best possible. I'll probably feel the same when I read Elektra.

C.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton Blind Love wrote:
I really enjoyed the Daredevil Movie novelization. More so than the movie itself. I think there is something about reading books that unleashes the unlimited budget that is your imagination and makes the experience the best possible. I'll probably feel the same when I read Elektra.

C.

I know this was true for me. I read the Elektra comic book adaptation yesterday, but that is too sketchy to get the whole thing. I would like to read the regular novel.

I was discussing elsewhere that I saw LOTR yesterday for the first time, and didn't really care that much for it. I read the books, and how this was on the screen was nowhere like in my mind's eye. There was so much that was kind of....gruesome, scary, I suppose. I don't enjoy being scared. So I guess that is why I don't like a lot of that type of fantasy movies.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Randall
Root of Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked it up over the weekend and started it last night. It's pretty good so far even though I've caught several grammar and word replacement mistakes.

I've read most of the Marvel movie novelizations and I've really enjoyed every one of them more than their respective movie. I'm sure this one will be no different.
Randall
Root of Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finished it earlier this afternoon. Not a bad read; I'm even more excited about the movie now. I wish it would have ended a little differently. Looks like we may have a sequel.
Perfect Death
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did buy a copy of the book. But, haven't read it yet. I am waiting until I see the movie. I don't want to have something give too much away, tho all the trailers I have seen just about do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: