Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

pool hall duel dd v bullseye
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win a game of pool daredevil/bullseye/stick
daredevil
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
bullseye
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that it has ever been shown that DD is as good a marksman as Bullseye, either. Yes, Matt's good (especially with his club) but Bullseye is the best there is (and, really, isn't that what makes Bulls great? Are we trying to take that away from him?). And, Bulls can make any object a deadly weapon.

As for radar. Sure it's used to taget things. But, it's Matt's arms/motion that delivers to that target. Just cause he's got radar doesn't mean his shot (arm motion) will always be pefect.

rgj
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Daredevil out of loyalty, but I think it would depend on whoever broke. Obviously neither one of them would make a mistake, so it would depend on who got off the first shot.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dd99x wrote:
Obviously neither one of them would make a mistake, so it would depend on who got off the first shot.

Again, yes they could both run the table. But, with multiple games, my contention is that Daredevil will miss before Bullseye ever would. Given Bulls' specialty, I'd say that that's about fact.

rgj
ozddzealot
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The facts…

I’ve just re-read the various bullseye v did encounters-DD always matches bullseye for accuracy. And yet bullseye is usually the one that ‘blinks’ first he may never miss normally but his nerves are definitely suspect where DD is concerned (marked for death) that is why matt wins

also

DD plays the ricochet much better than bullseye… most of bullseye’s shots are direct hits whereas matt, when he launches his billy club is allowing for the hit and the return of his club. This requires a much greater level of accuracy

DDouble also

DD throws his club to disable rather than kill, this is much harder to do because of the increased set of variables involved. Its is easy for bullseye, because he throws without regard for consequence hence not the same level of discipline

So with a very big smile I ask how do you like them apples?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oz, Oz, Oz . . . are you really going to make me break out all my comics? C'mon, it's Superbowl Sunday! Not now! Anyway, let's take a look at your apples . . .

(1) The fact that Bulls vs. DD encounters end in DD's favor. Bias. Ultimately this comic is called DAREDEVIL. Which means, ultimately, Daredevil has to win. So, yeah, 'natch, Bulls has to blink first. But, remember, a billiards game is not a life or death fight, so you can't compare it to thier physical encounters. Spidey is super strong. The Rhino is even stronger. Yet, Spidey (like DD) still wins in the end. The writers make it so.

(2) I have always said that DD is best with his club (as opposed to any object like Bulls). The ricochet you talk about (with the club) is no doubt the work of his radar which we have established further up this thread. It has even been stated that the club is designed for this kind of thing. But, finding the angles of walls and throwing the club is far more physics (with variables) than shooting pool. Have you seen a game of billiards? Those guys are amazing with the ricochet. Are you telling me Bulls can't do this and Matt can? I don't believe that.
Look, ultimately, DD uses the ricochet with his club so he can get his weapon back. Bulls doesn't do this because he can pick up anything and use it as a weapon. Bulls has no need to play the ricochet because he doesn't need the weapon to return to him, not because he can't do it. In a game of biilliards, where ricochet is an important part of the game, I think Bulls would give a clinic on how to do it.

Here's the senario of the game. The game starts at a pool hall. The music is going in the background. Bulls and DD start the game with DD going first. "Hey, look! It's DD and Bulls playing pool!!," someone shouts. A throng of onlookers gather around as DD is shooting. DD concentrates on his radar as sixty two heartbeats add bass to that Toby Keith song. Matt's olfactory sense and tongue is replete with smoke as most of the onlookes breath in the tar (have you ever heard tar infested lungs labor to get oxygen? No human ear, except Matt's can) and Bulls himself breaks out a big ol' Cuban cigar. Along with the odor of alcohol in the air is the fact that some in the crowd haven't showered in days. DD concentrates on his radar image of the pool table and tries to ignore the images of his radar that reflect back the images of the onlookers. But, it's hard to concentrate. So many images, sounds, tastes as he tries to shoot. DD gets though half the balls when he finally misses. Not by much, but he does miss. His concentraion on his radar breaks just as he took the shot. A blind shot. It happened as a (to borrow from Clayton Blind Love) sweet perfume reached his nose. And, his radar concentration shifted to the curvy shape which broke though the crowd to glimpse the game. He knew she was a knockout. The collective gasps of the men and their sudden accelerated heartbeats made that quite clear, but it also blinded him from his radar image of the pool table. One of the men (I think it was Bullseye!!!) whistled at the girl as Matt took his shot. The whistle was so sharp that Matt's radar evaporated into white noise as his ears burned in pain.

Bullseye shot next. And, he never missed.

senario, rgj
---------------------------------------------
I like apples.
ozddzealot
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a girl involved and you think matt would lose?

He has to take her to bed before that will happen

besides in the scenario you depicted DD would be asking BE if this was the paticular pool hall he was conceived in and who if any of the wino's are his father and BE would be emotionally overcome by the reunion with his dad.

BE the series being an alternate (but ok) series for me compared to the traditional canon

mark

ps i apologize for the briefness of my reply i'm struggling for board time and couldn't do your post justice with an alternate version...i'm also worried about that toby keith song every chance dd could flinch at some bad country... (i'm guessing here)

Wink

apple strudel for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: