Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Ultimate Daredevil?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see an Ultimate Daredevil Ongoing?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 19

Nick MB
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I really wouldn't go for this... An Ultimate title is not needed, in my opinion. You could start another Marvel Universe DD title, or a series set in past continuity, and it would be able to do practically anything an Ultimate title could. Furthermore, I think the Ultimate line needs to be kept small.

If someone came in with a new twist on DD (like Millar did for the Avengers/Ultimates), then maybe you could justify it, but the fact is they can't even really do that now, since Ultimate Murdock has already appeared in UMTU and a miniseries (or two?) and is practically identical to his counterpart. Fact is, if they didn't do it when the movie came out, I don't see them doing it now.
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i would love nothing more than an ultimate daredevil ongoing title in the MU but since it aint happening, at least they shoul do an ultimate daredevil miniseries, a solo one because the ultimate elektra and daredevil and elektra are really good stories, but it just reveal more their relationship and elektra's origin as an assasin or criminal whatever.

But an ultimate daredevil title featuring daredevil telling us his origin would be good, of course that this should be a retelling origin story for Matt, since he has appeared as an adult lawyer in the ultimate universe, instead of the man of 20 years (as Isee it int he daredevil elektra story). At least what fans wnat is an ultimate daredevil origin, a tale showing us his part in the ultimate universe and how he became daredevil.

If this ever happens they should us the same artist as the ultimate elktra story and (in my opinion) Frank Miller writting it.
Well that's my opinions for now.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL wrote:

If this ever happens they should us the same artist as the ultimate elktra story and (in my opinion) Frank Miller writting it.
Well that's my opinions for now.

A retelling of DD's origin written by Frank Miller....hmmmm....where could someone go and read something like that?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Nick MB
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:

A retelling of DD's origin written by Frank Miller....hmmmm....where could someone go and read something like that?

And people say Ultimate Daredevil would be redundant. Rolling Eyes
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa oopss!! sorry I made a mistake by writting that part of Frank Miller, well I was dpoiong some homewrok at the same time I post taht here so sorry bout the mistake, I meant to write Brian Bendis.
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL wrote:
Whoa oopss!! sorry I made a mistake by writting that part of Frank Miller, well I was dpoiong some homewrok at the same time I post taht here so sorry bout the mistake, I meant to write Brian Bendis.

yeah, but honestly dude, how many times can you revamp/retell an origin story.
Frank Miller did it once, then Jeph Loeb added more details to Stan Lee's version. Plus there are the slight variations in the UU version about the circumstances under which Elektra and Matt met.
You can't sqeeze anymore variation and/or details out of this story than what's been sqeezed out of it already.
Honestly, cuz i'm just miffed everytime someone says they want to see it re-done, what's aspects of DD's begining would you like to see looked at in a different light?
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I dont know which aspect, frankly I dont care about the aspects, maybe the reason I want to see it redone its to see if they can squeez more aspects to the other retelling stories, this is an opinion I dont see why people get anoyed with this anyway.
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAREDEVIL wrote:
Well I dont know which aspect, frankly I dont care about the aspects, maybe the reason I want to see it redone its to see if they can squeez more aspects to the other retelling stories, this is an opinion I dont see why people get anoyed with this anyway.

i'm not annoyed, i'm just puzzled.
see, when i think more aspects i think along the lines of a flash-back story like Yellow, or even Redemption, that tells us something we haven't know before, but fits into a past time frame or mood.
so when you someone says "retell" i automatically think "how the heck can you reword that again?"
so now i get it, it's all good Smile
DAREDEVIL
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then its all good, wlad to hear that, I'll try to specify more next time on my posts.
ozddzealot
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no so many reasons why but ther've all been mentioned
mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: