Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Forthcoming UK elections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

UK Election
Labour (Tony Blair)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Conservative (Michael Howard)
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Liberal Democrat (Gordon Kennedy)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do not intend to vote!
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
Can you postal vote in America / Canada?

Why I ask is because there has been a huge problem in Birmingham, UK where a load of Asian Labour Party councillors were found in an abandoned warehouse (it must be one of the few that the Joker hasn't used for a hide-out previously) filling in loads of postal votes, and rigging the ballot.

I believe that the judge in charge of the ensuing court case commented that the postal vote system is as trustworthy as a Banana Republic election! As of the moment, my wife and I am registered for postal voting and they will probably use the same system for use to vote with. So I am wondering how they will monitor it. All that happens is we get a letter, put the X against the candidate we like and post back. Thus if you were an unscupulous postman for example, you could intercept my mail and vote for whoever and I would never know, only that I never received my vote.

yes we can in the states, but different states have sifferent regulatitons about it. like for example in NY, it's only if you do alot of business between areas but ou live permanently in one place. when i voted last yr by mail at college(live on campus part time work permantently at my home count) the rule was i had to be signed in for it 1 1/2 mons in advance and send 2 forms of identification with my request, and i had to have a verifiable address and phone #'s at both locations to be contacted at, & someone to talk to at both ends. then if they deemed my reason not meeting standards for any reason, i couldn't vote, and if i marked the ballot page with anything but ink, or erased or altered anything, or marked it where it shouldn't have marked, it could be thrown out. plus you gotta mail it back ASAP.
don't know about other states regs. maybe that's why Florida and Ohio had so many probs.
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR wrote:

Funny, I was the opposite. I was raised jewish, and converted to Catholicism when I reached 16 or 17 or so. I guess everyone finds solace in different things. As my friend always says: To each his ones own.

JR.

that is true, i guess that's why i find anthropology so interesting. but i think after 12 years of Catholiic school studies and then 4+ yrs of cross cultural studies it did nothing for me but reaffirm my faith by reaffirming the world's similarities.
guess this is the worng post to keep talking about this topic, but i find all of this extremely intresting. to explore the beyond.
Slim
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tricky election. I wish there was a part i beleived in.

I do know a few things heading in though. I can never, ever, vote for a party led by Blair. He's done too many inexcusable things. Sure, not all of them were his doing, but the way he refuses to admit to -or apologise- for anything has done the dammage.

I doubt i'll ever bring myself to vote Tory. I just cant see myself agreeing with their core ideas, however much they may pander to current public whims. Its like a joke about Jim Davidson (a 'comedian') "i dont know what i dont like about Davidson. The Wife beating, the racism, the sexism...theres just something i cant put my finger on", thats how i feel about the tories.

The libdems...well....they're like the kids at school who try to agree with everyone in order to get invited to ALL the parties. They may get my vote simply by being the party that offend me the least. Sad.

Of the others, well, they'd be pretty much wasted votes. But theyd still be votes. I just wish i could wave a wand and make sure the BNP get nothing. For gods sake, its like voting for the kkk. These people are the NF, it scares me that they get votes....and a lot of votes from people who dont really know who they are.
Top_Quality
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't vote.... goverment might find me
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top_Quality wrote:

Town: Abbotsford BC.
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

train wrote:
Top_Quality wrote:

Town: Abbotsford BC.

Comedy gold! LOL Laughing
Top_Quality
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN! you must work for the government!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: