Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hey, are you new here? Introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BraveStarr wrote:
Hello everyone... I first became a fan of Daredevil after seeing the movie. I saw it after it came out on DVD. The only reason then was because I'm a big fan of Jennifer Garner on Alias.

I was never a comic book reader growing up, but have since become hooked after the new Masters of the Universe comic came out. I've since picked up Daredevil: Legends Vol 1-4 and have enjoyed those a lot.

I've been picking up all the newer issues but have not read any yet. ...still waiting to find time to read all the issues I've missed.

Vol 2#26 onwards would be a good place to start with collecting trades. This is the start of the Bendis run, all of what is going on now in the current comic has relevance from these earlier issues. You could ignore the David Mack #51-56, this is not relevant to the Bendis story, it is a bolt to a character from vol2#9-15 story arc.

I also started to read DD from watching the film, I'm also a big Alias fan, the starting credits for Series 4 re-capping all her best outfits is well, stunning television. Apart from some of the lingerie or bikini shots, blowing up the car in the red dress at the start of series 3 with Limp Biscuit's Rolling intro is great TV!

Welcome to the board!
MercifulAvatar
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, all!

I've been collecting seq atrs on and off since 1974. I am currently located in Cleveland, Ohio. Started collecting DD recently and am concentrating on filling out v2 before completing my v1 run. So far David Mack is my favorite w/a working on DD ever. The whole Hamlet/Revenge plot that dominates comics is so DONE it's refreshing to see someone taking plot in a different direction. Not for everyone, admittedly, but it suits me.

Everyone seems very cool on this board and I am happy to be a part of it.
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Cleveland too. Where abouts do you stay?
CyberGhostface
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started posting today. Hi everyone. Smile
daredevil_uk
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there, been visiting the site for ages now but only the boards recently. bendis made dd my fave comic and i'll be rather sad when he leaves Sad
anyway, hope to post more often Wink
mhs_111
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: The zero poster Reply with quote

Been here for a while... Very Happy
Kuljit forces me to post or he'll delete my account... Shocked

HI EVERYONE! Laughing

Shanti

"...I don't have sixth sense
I just don't have the fifth."~Virge
udaku
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: The zero poster Reply with quote

mhs_111 wrote:
Been here for a while... Very Happy
Kuljit forces me to post or he'll delete my account

Ha, me too. I did post on the old board, mostly just to argue with Stephan Smile
Yellow_Bastard
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey just signed up recently and decided to introudce myself
I'm from canada and have been on a 10 year layoff from comics just got back interested in comics theat past couple of months. Loved daredevil during the miller run, and my cousin pointed me towards the bendis run and i've loved it ever since.
RaDEkA
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm a first time poster, relatively long time reader of the DD series. Ironically, I started collecting DD after seeing the movie. My friend was real big into comic books and I wanted to get into a TPB too but just couldn't seem to find anything that really connected between heroes like batman and spiderman on a level beyond that of "fighting crime because bad guys are bad." Reguardless, I used to see the DD comics and think it was a dorky franchise, then I saw the movie and was totally hooked to the character. As I have gradually bought hundreds of dollars of DD's in the past two years, I realized that the movie is NOTHING compared to some of the awesome storytelling we have been given from miller, sales, bendes; and I really enjoyed Kevin Smith doing the kickoff for the volume 2. I like daredevil because he represents the struggle to do the right thing in the world, all the while not knowing exactly what the right thing is. It really brings out the grey areas that we all have to deal with. And let's not forget how hard it can be to find the right woman. I am my own person, and DD is not my reality, but it's always good to know someone is out there who knows what its like to do the right thing despite all evils in the world.

peace all
Ryu Murdock
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: A Pinoy(Filipino) Fanboy... Reply with quote

Hey there everyone! My name is Raymon O. Ronquillo. But almost everyone calls me Ryu for reasons I know not up to now. I am 24, and have been reading DD since the 3rd grade. But I only started my collection when I stared earning at age 17(!). I have recently completed all issues of DD vol.2. Those Bendis issues are hell difficult to find. I like DD because, well let's face it he ain't as The God, The Knight, and The Amazing. It feels much like belonging to an exclusive club being a DD fanboy. And the name people, he is not a MAN. He is a DEVIL. How cool is that. Aside from Daredevil, I also buy any and all books drawn by Humberto Ramos. I love the cartoony art he does. And when it's dark like in Crimson. It's much cooler. My greatest dream? Write DD for Marvel. I am currently doing a 12-issue storyline with Bullseye, Ringmaster, and just about every villain that interest me. No Kingpin though. I like Purple Man better than I do Fisk.

As for my other interest outside of comicbooks... Well I eat up Shakespeare! Human drama people! I love The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, The Matrix trilogy, and Coldplay's music.

That's it for me.
spelk
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick intro from me, I'm 38 have been in and out of comics since I was a teenager. My initial favourites where Iron Man, The Avengers and Green Lantern - I stumbled onto Daredevil through a friend of mine's obsession with Spiderman - I didn't really connect with him at an early age though. Life passed me by, graphics novels and anime took my interests away from spandex clad heroes for a while. My appreciation of Kevin Smith and his films and his ability to tell a good tale, landed his Guardian Devil run on my lap and I instantly fell in love with Daredevil. Spent a year or two grabbing what I can from where I can. The Daredevil movie came out, and I enjoyed seeing "my hero" on the big screen. The Directors Cut came out and I was relieved that the story was in fact in tact, and it was the cutting room floor that tainted the theatrical release and gave the critics something to work with. My swing back into hero comics has fuelled an extension of my library to include other heroes, Elektra, Punisher, Batman, Green Arrow, even pedestrian stuff like Star Wars. I also like to dabble in unknown areas and taste the full spectrum of visual storytelling. Particularly enjoyed the quite bleak and gruesome Jodorowsky publications Technopriests and Metabarons.

I'm a dad to seven year old nipper and a heavy online (and offline) gamer (more co-operative MMORPG's over competitive FPS's). I do IT and web development for a living. And I drink too much. But, I'm a good guy. With a Guardian Devil on his shoulder.

I really enjoy the manwithoutfear.com website, kudos to Kuljit, for making the place a one-stop essential resource for the avid online Daredevil fan. Keep up the good work K. Much appreciated.
hylozoii
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, My name is Thomas. I had seen this website a long while ago, but I don't remember if it had a forums. I grew up with a couple Daredevil comics as a kid, not being a huge collector until Bendis came along. I had mostly issues with The Hand and Bullet as enemies, with Stick's ninja group (forgot what they were called) as DD's allies.

I absolutely love Bendis' work on DD. I've read people criticizing Bendis for his slow progress of the storyline, but I love it. It's so adult and the dialogue is amazing. Alex Maleev's work is superb too. I love the dark realism. I wish these two would never leave the title. Finally a team that focuses on Matt Murdoch instead of writing a bunch of one issue action fillers with no substance.

Anyways, great job on the site.

Oh yah, HATED the DD movie with Affleck! I swear, I was watching it, and it was so corny that I couldn't stand to finish it. I still don't know how it ends to this day. Worst directing and dialogue ever. Felt like there was too much damn posing especially on the seesaw.
Matt_Murdock
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
My name is Cristián, and I have been a huge fan of DD comics for almost 15 years

I live in Chile, South America. I am a corporate lawer currently doing my Phd in economics law.

I'm been reading this webiste for almost 3 years, and what superb task has achieve Kuljit, Very Happy

Almost my entire run on volume 1 is in spanish, and the volume 2 is mixed.

Saludos
markc
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, my first post here. I'm a long time DD fan who's recently come back to comics after not reading them for a number of years. I thought to get my kids hooked on reading through comics like I did. To make a long story short my kids (both girls) didn't really get into comics, but are hooked on reading anyway. But as a result, I find myself reading comics again! Daredevil in particular, as usual.

DD has been my main comic since I got a hold of #21 way back when I was about 8. For an awkward kid who was afraid of just about everything, the man without fear was the perfect superhero. I read pretty much everything after that up until the end of the Frank Miller era. Frank was the greatest imho. I am very impressed with the Bendis/Maleev team and have read all their stuff through the trades and recent issues.

I enjoyed the movie, especially the DC, but it is not up to the standard that the Spidey films and the new Batman have set. Too bad, DD should be paving the way in movies like he does in the comics.

Any suggestions for good reading post- Miller and pre- Bendis would be appreciated!
JR
Humanity's Fathom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear this woman named Nocenti is pretty good. I dunno. Just a rumor.

Anyway, welcome to the boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: