Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Is Daredevil 2 still a possibility? (Year 2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we see a Daredevil 2 within the next FOUR years?
Yes, Definitely
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Signs Point To Yes
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Outlook Not So Good
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
My Reply Is No
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Cannot Predict Now
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Is Daredevil 2 still a possibility? (Year 2) Reply with quote

Okay, it's basically been a year (see last year's similar thread). Time to ask this question again--albiet, modified. My (annual--well, for four more years) quesiton to the board is this: Will DAREDEVIL 2 see the light of day within the next four years?? Look into your magic 8 balls and share your thoughts.

rgj

ps. no *sighing* please
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the look of Marvels comic to screen plan, I believe that they will look to make films of Captain America, Iron Man and other "second string characters" (perhaps even a stand alone Wolverine film?, unless these really really flop, then I think that they would consider a DD 2. I think that it didn't lost them any money, it made a small amount for them, but based on that risk I do not think that they would go forward with the premise. By contrast, Marvel will see Spidey and X-men as bankable films, fantastic four hangs in the balance, a second film will make or totally break that franchise.

The Punisher had a poorish box office showing, but was very strong on DVD, this has made it possible or marketable to make a Pun2 movie. DD didn't do great on DVD so it doesn't have a lot riding for it.

Purely from the marketing and the justification to get a studio to give up $100 million or so to make a DD2 film, I do not think that it would ever get approved. Honestly people, if you were super super rich, would you seriously consider investing serious money in a DD film in which you would want a profit back from?

I am not against a DD2 film, I would go and see it and buy the DVD etc, just looking at it honestly, I do not see the idea going forward unless other films are serious critical flops. So based on FF, DD2 is not far off!!!
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to see another DD movie. Also, I think it has the potential to pull in big $, if they give the film half the respect that the Spider-man movies receive.

Still, I don't think it will happen. Maybe I'm just getting old, but pop culture is going downhill fast. Good movies only seem to get considered if sufficient violence, hype, known actors, etc. are associated. I think that the first DD movie, and Elektra have already given a lot of higher ups the impression that DD 2 is a bad idea. What they don't realize is that if the DC of DD were the theatrical release, it would have pulled in dozens of millions more, not to mention the extra money from merch, etc.
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there will eventually be another Daredevil film, but will it be a "DAREDEVIL 2"...

At this point I doubt it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you asking if Marvel will make it or if we still want it made? It doesn't seem to be on Marvel's priorities list but I'd like to see it done. With a Born Again or Out storyline attached.

www.UltimateCentral.com
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care the cirumstances, the question is what it is. Will there be a DD2 w/n the next 4 years.

I think it's obvious that there won't be. The apathy in replies is evident that most people think it's a lost cause. The ONLY way a DD movie will be made (and I don't see it w/n the next 4 years) is that Marvel gets the rights back, because I don't think 20th Century Fox thinks DD is worth it (especially after the Elektra movie).

Just to add to the other thread about a DD reboot. YES! That is the ONLY way to go. The DD movie royally sucked. Let's start over. And, hey, how about Rodriguez/Miller take a stab at it. Born Again just won't work with what MSJ did. Let's start over and set up Born Again. The RIGHT way.

C'mon Avi. You know the DD movie was butchred, first by MSJ, then by the studio. Do it right. Get the rights back and do it the right way. And, that means starting over.

rgj
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that DD must be set up again. I say wait around, 4-8 yrs. *mostly cuz you want the old one of the general public memory*. Do it again, fix it up. I think Born again is a great Read and it'd be an amazing sequeal. But of course you can't skip over Elektra Saga..cuz that's what made DD an very big Hit.

Last edited by Solid Snake PAC on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always invisioned a trilogy with ELEKTRA SAGA in the second film and BORN AGAIN in the third. The first film could be an into to DD, maybe based on a story like CHILD'S PLAY (which would most definitley differentiate DD from Spidey; with a sub for Punisher) and GANG WAR type of story where: 1) Karen leaves Matt 2) Ben investigates and discorvers and confronts DD about being Matt 3) Kingpin comes to power--pehaps taking over someone like the Owl--KP could actually manipulate DD into bringing down the Owl and what do you know, the void is taken up by KP. Of course, that's just how I thought a trilogy could be pulled off and especially nicely set up Born Again. But, hey, what do I know? Acutal directors like MSJ are alot smarter than me.

rgj

p.s. I agree. Let's wait a few years and start the hell over!
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no evidence whatsoever that another DD movie will be made ever. Ever. On the other hand there's loads of evidence that there won't be a movie. I.e.: Marvel took a chance making two movies on slightly B-list characters (DD and Elektra). One didn't do so well (DD) and one BOMBED LIKE CRAZY (Elektra). Box office aside, both movie were gutted by the critics.

Anyone who thinks there will be another DD movie is living in a frickin' fantasy world.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Jack Faber
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made signs point to yes. Ben Affleck probably wants to do it, and being that he's with Jennifer again I don't see how they would have a hard time getting the cast together. Bendis' story of outing MM sounds like a promising proposal to any movie company. However, the budget they didn't feel like giving the first Spiderman movie, the rush they put on X-Men, and Catwoman (the fact that movie was made), I've lost some faith in the movie business handling comicbook movies, so I'm not willing to put "Definitely" until I see it on a preview and poster with a release date.
DDfreak25
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love nothing more in the world then to see a DD 2...if it wasn't for that movie, I wouldn't be here right now. I love the Elektra movie, (Yes, that's right, I love it. I defy the critics and box office results!) and would die to have a DD2. I'd love to see "Guardian devil" storyline, brought to film, with Kevin Smith directing. But, will it ever actually happen? I doubt it. But with Ben Affleck being a fan, and friend of Kevin Smith, I think Kevin could persuade him to do it. And I can't see Kevin Smith careing about results money wise for the movie. Or maybe I'm just dreaming. Either way, I still hope there will be.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...The fact that you liked Elektra is bad enough. I whole heartedly believe that the franchise is a disease. Which must be studied, revised, and brought to the public with understanding as to what they have. I didn't like the DD film for many reasons. It was a mess, I have yet to the DC version of it. BUT I'll buy it for the sake of a better version of said film. I know i've cried this a many time since I joined not so long ago...REBOOT.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Snake PAC wrote:
I know i've cried this a many time since I joined not so long ago...REBOOT.

Sounds like something a guy from Texas might say. J/K...I'm a native Texan myself. Very Happy

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
Are you asking if Marvel will make it or if we still want it made? It doesn't seem to be on Marvel's priorities list but I'd like to see it done. With a Born Again or Out storyline attached.

Hmmm, with Out, Hardcore, etc., we have the potential for a very, very powerful superhero movie. Much of what is permiating superhero comics, today is the realism take by writers like Bendis, Meltzer, Rucka, Miller, etc. How would superhero really function and be treated in the real world. Superhero movie francises are still usually stuck in the 70 to 90s comic book industry. A great comprehensive DD 2 based on Bendis's run would be a revolutionary superhero movie and make darn good money.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is....that the First film sucked in a very bad way. Good or not, it might be a sleeper hit on DVD, but in theaters..who would go see a sequeal with Ben Affleck? c'mon man....

REBOOT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: