Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Is Daredevil 2 still a possibility? (Year 2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we see a Daredevil 2 within the next FOUR years?
Yes, Definitely
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Signs Point To Yes
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Outlook Not So Good
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
My Reply Is No
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Cannot Predict Now
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

DDfreak25
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love nothing more in the world then to see a DD 2...if it wasn't for that movie, I wouldn't be here right now. I love the Elektra movie, (Yes, that's right, I love it. I defy the critics and box office results!) and would die to have a DD2. I'd love to see "Guardian devil" storyline, brought to film, with Kevin Smith directing. But, will it ever actually happen? I doubt it. But with Ben Affleck being a fan, and friend of Kevin Smith, I think Kevin could persuade him to do it. And I can't see Kevin Smith careing about results money wise for the movie. Or maybe I'm just dreaming. Either way, I still hope there will be.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...The fact that you liked Elektra is bad enough. I whole heartedly believe that the franchise is a disease. Which must be studied, revised, and brought to the public with understanding as to what they have. I didn't like the DD film for many reasons. It was a mess, I have yet to the DC version of it. BUT I'll buy it for the sake of a better version of said film. I know i've cried this a many time since I joined not so long ago...REBOOT.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Snake PAC wrote:
I know i've cried this a many time since I joined not so long ago...REBOOT.

Sounds like something a guy from Texas might say. J/K...I'm a native Texan myself. Very Happy

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
Are you asking if Marvel will make it or if we still want it made? It doesn't seem to be on Marvel's priorities list but I'd like to see it done. With a Born Again or Out storyline attached.

Hmmm, with Out, Hardcore, etc., we have the potential for a very, very powerful superhero movie. Much of what is permiating superhero comics, today is the realism take by writers like Bendis, Meltzer, Rucka, Miller, etc. How would superhero really function and be treated in the real world. Superhero movie francises are still usually stuck in the 70 to 90s comic book industry. A great comprehensive DD 2 based on Bendis's run would be a revolutionary superhero movie and make darn good money.
Solid Snake PAC
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is....that the First film sucked in a very bad way. Good or not, it might be a sleeper hit on DVD, but in theaters..who would go see a sequeal with Ben Affleck? c'mon man....

REBOOT
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:

The Punisher had a poorish box office showing, but was very strong on DVD, this has made it possible or marketable to make a Pun2 movie. DD didn't do great on DVD so it doesn't have a lot riding for it.

Ummm...all other arguments aside...Daredevil did a lot better on DVD than the Punisher...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
johndunbar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this the other day and thought it was interesting, hope Stan the Man knows something...

Quote:
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw2685.html

How about sequels for some of the other recent Marvel Comics movies?

Lee: I'm sure [they're] working on a Daredevil sequel, and they should be working on a Hulk. I don't know for sure if they are.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say you hope Stan Lee knows something, but based on the last sentence of his quote he obviously doesn't know anything. At least, that's what I get from it. Heck, you could mention ANY character and I'm surt Stan the Man would say "I'm sure they're working on it."

rgj
johndunbar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the "I don't know for sure if they are." part applying to Hulk, not DD.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan Lee knows exactly zip.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Stan has little to NOTHING to do with the Marvel films, what's greenlit, etc. Yeah, he gets an "executive producer" credit, which is really only because he may have created the characters in question. He probably knows as much as any of us do, maybe only SLIGHTLY more, but not much. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Snake PAC wrote:
problem is....that the First film sucked in a very bad way. Good or not, it might be a sleeper hit on DVD, but in theaters..who would go see a sequeal with Ben Affleck? c'mon man....

I would. So shoot me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Darediva here!

No more DD movies!

(Well, not like the one we saw, two if you include Elektra . . . hey, KM doesn't have a *yuck* emoticon!)

What happened to Kevin?

a) He ate something yucky.
b) He stubbed his toe.
c) He's "passing" the yucky thing he ate.
d) He looked at the numbers on the scale.
e) He's "thinking" about how to start Target #2.

rgj
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darediva wrote:
Solid Snake PAC wrote:

I would. So shoot me.

By this, I meant I would go see a sequel of DD with Ben Affleck in it. So, I doubt you agree with me, rgj.

And here's your yuck smiley:

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice, I was just joking. Razz I know, I know, you'd be the first in line for another film done ala the first one. Anyway, to each his/her own . . . oh, and Alice, hold still . . .

The Editor in Chimp says, "Go ahead, make my DD 2 movie."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: