Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

How about Ultimate DD, now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should an UDD title sprout up so we can get our old school Matt Murdock fix?
Yep!
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Nope. Deal with it or mindwipe the whole Marvel Universe. :P
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: How about Ultimate DD, now? Reply with quote

With the outing, jail, etc., will Matt Murdock ever again practice law? I would say it is very doubtful.
Heck, will he ever have friends, lovers, etc. again, especially if a major spoiler really does take place.

I'm not saying all this craziness is bad, if done right (which you know Brubaker will Cool). At the same time, so many of these changes appear permanent. So, now might be a good time to revisit the need/desire for Ultimate DD. What do you think?

Personally, I've always wanted to see Ultimate DD, as long as Bendis doesn't write it and it starts off without the a tortured post-Born Again DD. (i.e. Rucka's Ultimate Matt Murdock). This time, Karen and Matt could be the timeless Peter/MJ, or Clark/Lois couple. Razz
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How about Ultimate DD, now? Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
With the outing, jail, etc., will Matt Murdock ever again practice law? I would say it is very doubtful.
Heck, will he ever have friends, lovers, etc. again, especially if a major spoiler really does take place.

I'm not saying all this craziness is bad, if done right (which you know Brubaker will Cool). At the same time, so many of these changes appear permanent. So, now might be a good time to revisit the need/desire for Ultimate DD. What do you think?

Personally, I've always wanted to see Ultimate DD, as long as Bendis doesn't write it and it starts off without the a tortured post-Born Again DD. (i.e. Rucka's Ultimate Matt Murdock). This time, Karen and Matt could be the timeless Peter/MJ, or Clark/Lois couple. Razz

I would say yes. I have some ideas on how to revamp DD's rogues gallery for the Ultimate Universe and have some ideas on what kind of stories UDD could deal with. I could post them if anyone is interested. While Matt could bit cheerful and lucky I think his rogues should be darker and more fleshed out in a UDD title.
GreenDevil
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An ultimate dd would be cool....but ultimate dd & elektra + ultimate elektra were crap...so hopefully they would make it darker and better then those.
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no need for Ultimate Daredevil. Face it, it's not going to happen. There just isn't the desire out there for it.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it happen.

www.UltimateCentral.com
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please no!
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Joe Q's previous comments on the Ultimization of DD are fairly well-reasoned: we wouldn't gain much from an Ultimate DD when you compared it to the regular title. There isn't the need to revamp the 616 incarnation of the character that there is for (say) Spidey or the Avengers or the X-Men, who all carry so much baggage in terms of continuity that a fresh, modern approach really sets itself apart from the 616 versions.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a radical idea:

If you don't like UDD, don't read it!

Unlike any standard DD stories, no matter what happens in UDD, it would not affect the standard Marvel Universe DD. So, what would be the harm in an UDD series?
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a book has to have a strong enough reason to exist to warrant creating it and putting it on the shelves, whether I want to read it or not. I think Marvel has been very canny with it's Ultimate line in that they haven't rushed out "Ultimate" versions of every succesful character just for the sake of it. The ones which benefitted from it most have received the Ultimate treatment; the ones which "ain't broke" in the same way don't really have any reason to be Ultimized - at least, not yet.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Wallace wrote:
I think that Joe Q's previous comments on the Ultimization of DD are fairly well-reasoned: we wouldn't gain much from an Ultimate DD when you compared it to the regular title. There isn't the need to revamp the 616 incarnation of the character that there is for (say) Spidey or the Avengers or the X-Men, who all carry so much baggage in terms of continuity that a fresh, modern approach really sets itself apart from the 616 versions.

...Well, now there's a reason to start fresh with DD. Razz

Matt Murdock, the lawyer can never return from this, unless some kind of Hosue of M event takes place.

Plus, I think it would sell. Doesn't Bendis's Daredevil consistently out-sell Fantastic Four? Yet, there's an UFF.
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some ideas the MWOF and I had for villains in a UDD title:
http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2266

Here some ideas the MWOF and I had about story lines for a UDD title:
http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4190
Dave Wallace
Paradiso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
...Well, now there's a reason to start fresh with DD. Razz

Matt Murdock, the lawyer can never return from this, unless some kind of Hosue of M event takes place.

Plus, I think it would sell. Doesn't Bendis's Daredevil consistently out-sell Fantastic Four? Yet, there's an UFF.

UFF is still a pretty succesful book though - and it's more accessible and relevant than the 616 version of the team (I don't know how it compares in sales, though). I don't think DD has those kind of problems, as I only started reading it recently and had no trouble picking it up.

That said, I'd be interested to see what a writer could do with a fresh take on DD. And if what I hear about #81 is true, and there's no possible return for Matt the lawyer, I'd say that's a potentially good enough reason for an Ultimate title - even if it's only a mini - as I don't think that angle has been explored enough in recent years.
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Daredevil's villains alone are reason enough for an Ultimate Title. I wonder if I should pull an Ultimization Game: Daredevil Edition here. What do you think Overlord? I'd like to see everyone's takes on how to ultimize Daredevil's cast. Maybe make it so that we can focus on one character monthly.

www.UltimateCentral.com
The Overlord
Paradiso

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManWithoutFear wrote:
I think Daredevil's villains alone are reason enough for an Ultimate Title. I wonder if I should pull an Ultimization Game: Daredevil Edition here. What do you think Overlord? I'd like to see everyone's takes on how to ultimize Daredevil's cast. Maybe make it so that we can focus on one character monthly.

I'm game, but do you think anyone else would be interested? Also do you want to post the threads or should I or should we take turns?
TheManWithoutFear
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master Meglomaniac wrote:
TheManWithoutFear wrote:

I'm game, but do you think anyone else would be interested? Also do you want to post the threads or should I or should we take turns?

Let's see what response we get from these posts. Then we'll decide.

www.UltimateCentral.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The comics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: