Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Bowen Designs Kingpin Bust! (And future Bowen DD-related)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Bowen Designs Kingpin Bust! (And future Bowen DD-related) Reply with quote

This one has been out for a month now I think. Beautiful bust with some shiny gems on it. Anyways, I finally got around to unboxing it at home today and displaying it with my other Bowen busts. Daredevil is to the left of Kingpin and Bullseye is to the right. Punisher is next to Bullseye (I'll be picking up the trade featuring both when its out).

It is unfortunate that the Daredevil bust doesn't have any arms. This was something Randy didn't do with any of his first phase Marvel busts (I may be wrong). I distinctly remember that I almost didn't purchase this one because it lacked arms. Its still cool (it is a Bowen by Bowen after all!).

I did a little research this morning over at statuesforum.com to see what was coming up by Bowen Designs beyond the previews magazine. Some interesting news for everyone here who like their Daredevil statues and busts.

Randy (Randy Bowen) stated on the forum that an Elektra bust is due this summer. His words! Of course we all know that Bowen products are often late, it is still encouraging to know that this has already been "green-lighted." Sweet!

But wait that is not all! Daredevil will also have a new bust or statue! I can't seem to figure out if Randy wants to do a new bust or statue. All I know is that a Yellow, rarer version, will be made to go along with the Red, standard version. If anyone here knows something about this, please post now! I hope it is a new bust. Randy did a super job on the statue, but the Daredevil bust just doesn't stand well beside these newer busts that have arms.

Start saving for these now fellow posters. Bowen purchases are not to be avoided. Very Happy
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No info on the statues/busts, but I am thrilled that they might be coming out with a couple more. Agree with you on the arms comment. For heavens sake, the man uses a billy club! I actually have that KP on order (should be coming soon). Looks great on the webpage. I also have the Cover of #182 on order. That one was my first post-marriage statue, and boy, it was interesting explaining to my wife "why I needed it." Laughing Oh, and I loved her "he doesn't even have his mask on!" comment. Laughing My only saving grace, I guess, is that I tell her "Well, at least I'm not a Spider-man freak. He has about a million statues out there.

Hey, Clayton, do you only get DD related statues? Or comics in general? Cause you are right, it ain't cheap!!

rgj
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgi,

Well, I started out with only DD related statues and busts. Even got a Stan Lee Bowen bust! Very Happy . In fact, at first I would only consider a Bowen Design product and nothing else. I think Tim Bruckner changed all that a few years back when he made the Jim Lee inspired full sized Batman statue. Being a Batman fan as well (but not more than DD! Really!), I finally went for this piece. I was way past in knowing that Bowen did a Batman full sized statue and there was no way that I was going to shell out something around $1,000 on Ebay to try and get one. I was pretty happy when DC Direct released this Jim Lee Batman. With Bruckner doing the Jim Lee inspired Superman not too long ago, I decided to go for that piece as well. I'm not even a serious Superman fan by any means! I just really like how Tim seemed to capture Jim Lee's pencils in 3D. So, I pay attention now to what ever Tim makes for DC Direct and I pay attention to what ever Randy and Co. make for Bowen Designs.

Last year DC Direct started putting out mini Batman statues inspired by the Batman: Black & White series. Some of my favorite Batman stories ever. I have the Risso, the Sale, the Bolland, and the Kubert versions so far. I can't wait for the Mignola version this April!

My latest BIG addition was a very limited Superman & Batman Deluxe Bookends piece # out of 750 (designed by Ed McGuinness and sculpted by James Shoop) this past Christmas. Just for my Superman/Batman HCs. Very Happy

My favorite piece, however, isn't a Bowen or something by Tim Bruckner. It is the Art Asylum full size Daredevil inspired by Joe Q's #383 cover. DD on the cross! It stops me a lot when ever I walk by the bookcase it rests on. Really sweet.

I still haven't made any decision on the #182 Cover piece. My shop owner (and dear friend) has one coming into the store.

All I know is that I have way too may statues and busts. I already need another bookcase because I can no longer display all of them at the moment. I'm thinkning of taking some to the office, but the thought of leaving them there doesn't sit well with me.

My wife thinks my statues and busts are "cute." I don't hunt. I don't collect cars. She can think of worse possible hobbies to have. Very happy she sees it like that. Twisted Evil

C.
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a Bust!!!

Bowen Designs has a couple of sketches of a Daredevil bust in the works. I'm not comp savy at all, but maybe someone could show the pics here or something.

statuesforum.com

go to the "Bowen Designs" section. check out the "sticky" near the top titled "Sneek Peeks Only." Its on page 5, near the bottom.

C.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Still would like a full statue soon. But the bust, especially the one with the thrown billy club, is very cool.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=15920&page=5&pp=10

rgj
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowen Designs has an exclusive "collector's club" that allows its members to purchase any statue/bust available and not already soldout 20% off. They also make limited editions that are ONLY sold to "collector club" members. You have to be a US mainland resident to join. No one else. I'm in Canada. Crying or Very sad

I'm pretty sure Bowen is planning a rare Daredevil in Yellow costume bust that will be in the same shape as the normal Red costume bust. There was talk in one of the threads where this came up and Bowen, himself, said that there would be no problem to make a Yellow variant bust.

How am I gonna get this? Crying or Very sad

C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: