Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

300 by miller any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noypi-me
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: 300 by miller any good? Reply with quote

i just heard that they're gonna be doing a 300 movie based on the book by frand miller. this got me interested in the book. i remember the guy at my LCS telling me that it was good, but i'm still having second thoughts about buying it.

what do you guys think of the book? is it a must have for any comicbook fan, or is it a so so book? any help would be appreciated. Very Happy
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if it's a "must have", but it is a really good read. i assume that you know the basis of the book. miller does take some creative liberties with the factual story, but it does make for a good read. that being said, it's well worth the money.
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love the layout of the book. Every turn of the page is like an explosion. Very "widescreen." I am a sucker for this type of history and even though the facts are obviously manipulated with, it's Frank "the god da#*" Miller!

C.
vtsoxfan7
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to be able to borrow this from a friend, but after reading it I've added it to my list of things to add to my collection. The hardcover is in a gorgeous 'horizon' format and I believe live up to expectations. I would suggest picking it up, but if still leery maybe look around for a copy to flip through first?

http://tburnham7.blogspot.com/

'So I've got THAT going for me...which is nice' - Bill Murray, Caddyshack
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just saw the trailers that are up on the 300 website. holy crap! i'm really looking forward to the movie. i haven't read the series in several years, but Leonidas looks just as if he stepped out of a panel of the comic. check it out...
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie I am just dying to see next year! March can't come soon enough!

C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: