Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Hulk 2 a "remake," not "sequel." DD opi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If Marvel makes a DD film, I'd like it to be a . . .
Sequel
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Remake
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Hulk 2 a "remake," not "sequel." DD opi Reply with quote

Seems like Avi Arad's vision of the next Hulk movie ("The Incredible Hulk) is a REMAKE and not a "sequel." Interesting.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060611_the_hunt_for_the_new_hulk.html

I wonder if he'd consider the same thing for DAREDEVIL if Marvel got the movie rights back. I can dream again!

rgj
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, remake = complete waste of time
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman Begins = NOT a waste of time.

rgj
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMPLETELY agree, rgj! I LOVE Batman Begins!!!

Sorry, my comment should have said "DD remake = waste of time."

I think the director's cut was an exceptional film and backtracking would only ensure another box office showing like Elektra's. No, if another DD will ever be made in the next say 10 years, I'm thinking it should be a strong sequel that really doesn't build on the 1st, etc. to avoid association with the terrible theatrical cut.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with DD comic fans (the ones that liked the movie) going on about the director's cut? Look, people, the movie 99% of the people saw was the theatrical cut. Even, if the DC was good (and, I personally doubt it), it's still not the FIRST DD film. Like it or not the theatrical version is #1. If a DD 2 sequel is made they aren't going to base it on the "improved" DC, it's based on the theatrical version that everyone saw. And, hey, for a remake, I'd be more than happy to wait 10 years. But, that's just my humble opinion.

rgj
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Even, if the DC was good (and, I personally doubt it)

WAIT, have you never seen the DC?!?! Razz

I put off buying for about six months because the TC wasn't all that impressive to me anymore, I thought the added scenes would be trivial outtakes, etc. So wrong!!! I have NEVER seen a movie as brutally torn apart and destroyed was the TC was from the original DC.

Anyway, if you're a DD fan, you should see the DC.
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you rgi! Shame shame shame!

You can't comment on the DC.

Razz Wink

C.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know what they say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Guys there is just no way for me to see the DD:DC without giving money to FOX. And, it ain't happening with a DD product made by them. But, look, as I said, it doesn't matter if the DC was good or not. A sequel has to based on the TC, because that's what 99.9% of the public saw. Only hard core comic fans (and, only those who actually liked the movie) saw the DC. Thus, my vote. Reboot this bastard and let's see a NEW Daredevil movie. If they're doing it for Hulk, there is hope for DD.

rgj
Francesco
Underboss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Guys there is just no way for me to see the DD:DC without giving money to FOX. And, it ain't happening with a DD product made by them. But, look, as I said, it doesn't matter if the DC was good or not. A sequel has to based on the TC, because that's what 99.9% of the public saw.

He's right.
Anyway, my opinion is that:
either DD remake or sequel = waste of time (if they don't put some more effort into it).

Instead, Daredevil's image could be promoted with a neat animated series, but could this be a subject for another topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: