Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Who's side would you be on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's side would you be on?
Ironman / Pro-Registration
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cap / Freedom
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Neutral
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Slim Sandy
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Who's side would you be on? Reply with quote

Well, seeing how we are all Daredevil fans I think I already know the answer to this, but just for fun for anyone following Civil War...who's side would you be on?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for "freedom" but it's more a vote for "the whole registration thing is stupid and makes no sense". I'm not reading the series (although I am sort of following along) so maybe I just don't get it. But is this registration thing an American law? If so why don't the more powerful heroes just fly somewhere else. Like another country...or space? Plus, isn't it usually hard for superpowered people to catch other superpowered people....like all the super villians that have been around forever?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The premis is absurd. It's ridiculous that the heros that are pro registration are fighting the anti ones. Why? I mean, really, don't most of the pros know the anti's identites? I mean, is there really any hero out there that at least one other hero doesn't know his identity. Couldn't they just out the antis instead of "fighting" them (but, let's face it this is all about a pointless heros vs. heros exercise). And, why does the entire country (civilians) need to know the identities (like Peter just revealed). Which hero in his/her right mind (and with a family) would register??

Anyway, it's all garbage.

rgj
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that it is a bit of a one-sided argument for fanboys, unless your a massive fan of a "pro-reg" character, then pound to a penny you will be with the CAP.

It is wrong to have to register, Spidey will regret it, don't know why they had to reveal his ID, perhaps it is to avoid to Marvel status quo that they normally maintain and go more like DC? What I can't understand is that some of these characters seem more than willing to fight their friends, why not just abstain? I've registered but I will not help to get the others etc

Peter Parker seems massively out of character, even though I'd guess he'll do a change of sides, it just doesn't scan. Neither does Reed if truth be told, for no apparant reason he is ignoring the other FF etc, again doesn't scan.

All this said, I'm really enjoying it, just want to see Cap kick some pissed up Iron Ass!

I'll be surprised if there is anyone who is honestly pro-reg, I hope that people are honest and not siding with DD though! On a totally personal note of opinion, I only hope that The Punisher joins with Cap, but I can't guess which way he will go, if anything he will want to be pro-reg, but I await to be amazed.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
Peter Parker seems massively out of character

Wait a minute. This can only be the work of the fiendish Purple Man! How else can you explain Peter's incongruous behavior! Smile

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, why is Punisher on either side? He has no powers. What would he be registering as? Just a normal dude?

FC: Hi, I'm Frank Castle. I'd like to register.

Register Person: For what?

FC: Well, I'm the Punisher.

Register: I know that. Everyone knows that.

Yeah and rgj's "why not just out the other heroes?" point makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Why aren't you laughing?
The Privateer
Redemption

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james castle wrote:
Wait, why is Punisher on either side? He has no powers. What would he be registering as? Just a normal dude?

Yeah and rgj's "why not just out the other heroes?" point makes a mockery of the whole thing.
Fair point JC about The Punisher and his lack of powers. But in Civil War: Front Line, they want the currently de-powered speedball to register, so perhaps it is as a gesture as they have the perception as being "super-powered"?
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Privateer wrote:
james castle wrote:

Fair point JC about The Punisher and his lack of powers. But in Civil War: Front Line, they want the currently de-powered speedball to register, so perhaps it is as a gesture as they have the perception as being "super-powered"?

But it's not just that he doesn't have superpowers. It's that he's 1) a "bad" guy and 2) everyone know's he's Frank Castle. Don't they?

Oh, Marvel. You're so silly.

Why aren't you laughing?
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap. All the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: