Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Diamond Select: Marvel Origins Daredevil Statue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Diamond Select: Marvel Origins Daredevil Statue Reply with quote

Hey, looks like there's another DD statue coming soon (Nov./Dec.). Looks super cool. Saw it offered on ebay and did a look up on Yahoo.

http://www.yikescomics.com/catalog/product_info.php?
products_id=9494&osCsid=4b51b05e1968f5103c741cd6b9667b5d
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think that looks good? Seriously? The DD looks good but young cry-baby Matt looks ridiculous. Plus, it's not even accurate. Why is he sitting around in a pile of barrels?

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess you kind of have a point. My love for DD statues has blinded me (no pun intended, really, no pun intended). Just where the hell did Diamond Select get "this" origin? The original Lee tales (as depicted in Volume 1, issue #1 and issue #53) clearly show that the radioactive cylinders looked more like scuba diving oxygen tanks. And, Matt was clearly knocked out. The barrels were in the God awful movie and the first I remember seeing barrels in relation to DD was the Spider-man cartoon of the 90's. Damn. I may actually skip this statue. Thanks alot Castle!

rgj
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
The barrels were in the God awful movie and the first I remember seeing barrels in relation to DD was the Spider-man cartoon of the 90's.
rgj

Didn't the MWOF mini from Miller and JRjr show barrels of toxic waste? It predates the Spiderman cartoon, not all things bad can be blamed on the movie.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe we're just not understanding the statue. Maybe the little crybaby is Bullet's son. He's all sad because the toxic waste is hurting the environment.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I backed off from this. The main problem I had was the fact that the Yellow-clad Daredevil is in shades of grey and not in colour. Pointless really.
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton Blind Love wrote:
Well, I backed off from this. The main problem I had was the fact that the Yellow-clad Daredevil is in shades of grey and not in colour. Pointless really.

I had more problem with the greyed DD than the barrels. It just looks odd. Not that I could afford this anyway.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The merchandise All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: