Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Directors Cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:

Now, with the 'cynical' ( as jc sees it) release of the DC, people can see what MSJ actually filmed. The Kingpin is strong enough to pull DD half the length of the room, from where he pummels him some more before flinging him the rest of the way into the far wall. Makes sense, and certainly more realistic.

To see just this one scene in its entirety, as it was meant to be, is to wonder why Foster and Fox bothered to cut it to shreads enough so it makes no sense in the first place. Sure, cuts out some of the violence, I guess.

Well, I stand corrected. I worried that the DC didn't fix the problems with 1) the way Matt got his powers, 2) the way Matt was able to survive (and thrive really) as an orphan in Hell's kitchen, 3) the horrible, giggling Kingpin, 4) Elektra's flaw realization that DD didn't kill her father, 5) Ben's flawed realization that Matt was DD. 6) the bad CGI, 7) the nonsensical court room scene, 8 ) the CENTRAL THEME that "killing is bad Sad". To me these were all major plot points that drove the motivations for the characters. Because they made no sense or were otherwise inconsistant the movie as a whole just fell apart.

Of course, if they fixed the "pulling DD across the room scene" that no one cared about I guess all is forgiven.

Man, I gotta go rent the DC tonight. I can't believe I've been missing out on all this pull/pummel/throw action.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
Pete wrote:
3. Those that haven't seen it but dis it and the people who like it, using the people who don't like it and the things they disliked in the original as some kind of justification for them being in the thread in the first place (illogical, with a twist of obsessive bordering on the completely whacko)

Who's dissing who around here? As I said, my comments were about the radar. Never dissed the DC or the DC lovers. It was Alice and train that started on the "here comes the DD haters."

rgj

Wait, rgj...I didn't start anything. We all knew you and jc would be here sooner or later with something about the DC, because the thread is about the Daredevil movie. You guys LOVE to bash it, and none of us would be surprised by that.

All I said was: I liked the movie, and now a word from rgj and james castle...

At most here, I'm guilty of stating the obvious of what might follow. I'm not riled up here.

Oh, and I like Texas, too, seeing that I am a native Texan.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
My God, how swiftly the 'debate' plummets.

So, you were dissing, like I said? And what is the distinction between 'pro movie' and 'pro DC'? If we're talking people on this board whats the distinction? Do some people belong to one but not the other?

Or are you admiting, in your own subtle way, that, yes, you can't talk about the DC or anyone who likes it with any authority?

The distinction is that I have dissed and been dissed (by) people regarding the TR. It is clear that people don't see eye to eye here regarding the TR. And, as I said, it is clear that more poeple here on MWF like the TR than not. And, when it was stated that the "haters" were more vocal I disagreed, because it is clear that there are more postive remarks on this board about the TR than negative remarks.

I have not made any comments to people regarding the fact that they like the DC. And, yes, just about most of the people here who "liked" the TR "love" the DC.

I have always made it clear that I have not seen the DC. So, it makes no sense to go toe to toe with someone who has seen it. The TR on the other hand, yes, those easily entertained people I can spar with. But, really, does anyone want to anymore? This debate was already settled with the fact that DD will never be on the silver screen again. Read: the Daredevil movie sucked. The DC? I can't tell, only guess.

Again, I made a comment about the radar. Jim B. made some comments and I found them insightful. I can, personally, make an educated guess that I would not like the DC based on what Jim B., or jc, or the interntet say regarding the synopsis of the DD DC. Most, if not all, the stuff I hated about the TR are still in the DC. So, I'm not going to waste my time. And, I'm not going to argue with Pete about the merits (or lack thereof) of the DC.

If I dissed anyone here, it wasn't about the DC. Thats what I said. I dissed about the radar. I dissed about the fact that the pro TR (and some, if not all, happen to be pro DC) came on and started taking jabs at jc and myself for no good reason. And, I will diss anyone here who takes exception to me retorting at any comments made my way.

Alice wrote:
Wait, rgj...I didn't start anything. We all knew you and jc would be here sooner or later with something about the DC, because the thread is about the Daredevil movie. You guys LOVE to bash it, and none of us would be surprised by that.

Well, we'll definitely be here sooner when we are called out. Well, I know I will, I can't speak for jc.

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I don't love to bash the movie. As a long time DD fan nothing would have made me happier than a kick ass DD movie. In fact, as a kid I used to dream about DD hitting the big screen. Heck, I was hyped when I heard the were making the movie. Even when Affleck was cast as Matt Murdock I held out hope. I loved the trailer (with Daredevil looking down at the city...awesome). Even after bad reviews I was excited and dragged my friends (and girlfriend) to the movie. I was super pissed off when everyone started laughing at some of the cheeier bits and even though I cringed at the courtroom scene (he's a public...prosecutor?) I still had hope.

By the end though I was laughing along with my friends (and the rest of the audience) at the awfulness that was the movie. And it wasn't even fanboy hate. Aside from DD my heart will always belong to the X-Men and I loved X-Men and X2 even though they took loads of liberties with the material.

I don't love bashing the movie. I just feel compelled to point out that it was crap.

Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jc wrote:
I don't love bashing the movie. I just feel compelled to point out that it was crap

Amen. But, it's lost on this bunch.

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
jc wrote:
I don't love bashing the movie. I just feel compelled to point out that it was crap

Amen. But, it's lost on this bunch.

rgj

Hey, rgj, I sort of get why you shy away from bashing the DC given that you haven't seen it. Still, I'd hate for you to be left out completely. I know it's not the whole thing but you can at least check out and comment on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zow0lCCcL38

My comment wrt the above? HOLY CRAP. HOLY CRAP! Has everyone lost their minds?

Coolio. Oh Coolio. Oh my dear, sweat Coolio.

Okay, so that's 2 minutes 22 seconds that sure didn't help. The remaining extra 28 minutes better be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good.

Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That two minute clip hasn't helped the defense, that's for sure.

"Justice is blind, but it can be heard!" Ah, MSJ, how long did it take you to come up with that one??

And, you are right, the other 28 minutes better be much better than that. The DD TR was utter crap. This two miniute clip just makes the crap . . . well, two minutes longer (like Joey Q, after eating that extra enchilada).

Perhaps Pete (or anyone else out there) will post more DD DC clips. Because if I ever did see all the missing parts that made up the DC, and I happened to hate it (after giving it a real chance), I would love to start dissing those who deserve it. Razz

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, even if I go rent the thing and watch it no one will listen.

I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

Just like Coolio.

Why aren't you laughing?
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you hear it? It's getting louder! It's fast approaching. It's coming...it's...The Hall Of Fame

I find it hilarious that this thread, ( called Daredevil directors Cut) has now become a two way conversation between the two people who openly admit to having not seen it. Of having no intention of seeing it. Yet here they are, Gawd bless 'em. Talk about obsessive.

But this two way love-fest only scratches the surface. rgj gets upset when the likes of alice, train, whoever state the obvious in expecting himself or castle to call. They say things like 'the pro movie' posters are more vocal. And they believe it! Never mind a quick glance at nearly every thread in this movie section to do with the thing sees two people in particular there, either together or seperately, with lightning speed.

They say they'll never see the DC. So they look it up on Wikepedia! They swap YouTube links with a two minute clip of Coolio! They ask for more!!!

The facts are there for all to see. From james and his 'grining Kingpin' problem ( maybe he should look up YouTube to see if the bit where Fisk snaps the two guards necks with his bare hands) to rgj and his pro movie people are more vocal crap, both can clearly be seen to be...well wrong.

Check the movie board. Check YouTube!! Love Wikapedia!! Bring this thread back from Outer Space and back to Earth quick.

As for james and his 'pull /pummel' action, I really don't think he should be sharing what he gets up to alone behind locked doors with the rest of the board.
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Can you hear it? It's getting louder! It's fast approaching. It's coming...it's...The Hall Of Fame

I find it hilarious that this thread, ( called Daredevil directors Cut) has now become a two way conversation between the two people who openly admit to having not seen it. Of having no intention of seeing it. Yet here they are, Gawd bless 'em. Talk about obsessive.

But this two way love-fest only scratches the surface. rgj gets upset when the likes of alice, train, whoever state the obvious in expecting himself or castle to call. They say things like 'the pro movie' posters are more vocal. And they believe it! Never mind a quick glance at nearly every thread in this movie section to do with the thing sees two people in particular there, either together or seperately, with lightning speed.

They say they'll never see the DC. So they look it up on Wikepedia! They swap YouTube links with a two minute clip of Coolio! They ask for more!!!

The facts are there for all to see. From james and his 'grining Kingpin' problem ( maybe he should look up YouTube to see if the bit where Fisk snaps the two guards necks with his bare hands) to rgj and his pro movie people are more vocal crap, both can clearly be seen to be...well wrong.

Check the movie board. Check YouTube!! Love Wikapedia!! Bring this thread back from Outer Space and back to Earth quick.

As for james and his 'pull /pummel' action, I really don't think he should be sharing what he gets up to alone behind locked doors with the rest of the board.

Does this witty reply come with a two drink minimum?

Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:

Talk about vocal!

Can you hear that??

It's not Hall of Fame material until Pete arrives!

I'm just waitng for the "Lately, this board is crap!" line!

rgj Laughing
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
It's not Hall of Fame material until Pete arrives!

Gee. Thanks

Quote:
I'm just waitng for the "Lately, this board is crap!" line!

The odds on you waiting too long after you post are really quite small. Don't worry. It'll happen.

Later, guys.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Gee. Thanks

Anytime.

Quote:
The odds on you waiting too long after you post are really quite small. Don't worry. It'll happen.

Now?

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I admit it. This has become a DC bashing love fest. But it's not my fault. It's not.

"Justice is blind, but it can be heard" doesn't even make any sense. I mean for the love of god how is it even possible that someone (MSJ) wrote that, someone (Ben!) repeated it, it was filmed and then put in a movie by someone (MSJ).

I mean, comon, "Justice is blind"...okay, so Justice can't see things...."but it can be heard"...but it can hear things...no, that's not what it says. It said "it", as in Justice, can be heard. Do you see? In the first bit it's Justice seeing (or not seeing as the case is) and in the second bit it's someone else hearing Justice. It's a mixed metaphor on some sort of crazed bizarro scale. Saying "Justice is blind, but it is not deaf" is one thing (cheesy) but saying "Justice is blind, but it can be heard" is another thing altogether (nonsense).

It's just crazy. It's just crazy.

Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minuite!!!!

Is the DC . . . a comedy????

Holy crap, why didn't anyone (like Pete) tells us?? I'm beginning to understand!

MSJ's vision was a comedy. And, Foster gutted it into drama?? Well, crappy drama.

Seriously, I had no idea!

I know which DVD I'm renting this weekend!!! The DC could be good with a laugh track!!!

Seriously, does the DC include Benny Hill music during the final DD/KP showdown (with incremental throws at that!!). Oh, my, if Matt slaps KP several time on the back of his bald head I'm sold!!!

rgj Razz

Now??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: