Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil Directors Cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Can you hear it? It's getting louder! It's fast approaching. It's coming...it's...The Hall Of Fame

I find it hilarious that this thread, ( called Daredevil directors Cut) has now become a two way conversation between the two people who openly admit to having not seen it. Of having no intention of seeing it. Yet here they are, Gawd bless 'em. Talk about obsessive.

But this two way love-fest only scratches the surface. rgj gets upset when the likes of alice, train, whoever state the obvious in expecting himself or castle to call. They say things like 'the pro movie' posters are more vocal. And they believe it! Never mind a quick glance at nearly every thread in this movie section to do with the thing sees two people in particular there, either together or seperately, with lightning speed.

They say they'll never see the DC. So they look it up on Wikepedia! They swap YouTube links with a two minute clip of Coolio! They ask for more!!!

The facts are there for all to see. From james and his 'grining Kingpin' problem ( maybe he should look up YouTube to see if the bit where Fisk snaps the two guards necks with his bare hands) to rgj and his pro movie people are more vocal crap, both can clearly be seen to be...well wrong.

Check the movie board. Check YouTube!! Love Wikapedia!! Bring this thread back from Outer Space and back to Earth quick.

As for james and his 'pull /pummel' action, I really don't think he should be sharing what he gets up to alone behind locked doors with the rest of the board.

Talk about vocal!

Can you hear that??

It's not Hall of Fame material until Pete arrives!

I'm just waitng for the "Lately, this board is crap!" line!

rgj Laughing
Pete
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
It's not Hall of Fame material until Pete arrives!

Gee. Thanks

Quote:
I'm just waitng for the "Lately, this board is crap!" line!

The odds on you waiting too long after you post are really quite small. Don't worry. It'll happen.

Later, guys.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Gee. Thanks

Anytime.

Quote:
The odds on you waiting too long after you post are really quite small. Don't worry. It'll happen.

Now?

rgj
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I admit it. This has become a DC bashing love fest. But it's not my fault. It's not.

"Justice is blind, but it can be heard" doesn't even make any sense. I mean for the love of god how is it even possible that someone (MSJ) wrote that, someone (Ben!) repeated it, it was filmed and then put in a movie by someone (MSJ).

I mean, comon, "Justice is blind"...okay, so Justice can't see things...."but it can be heard"...but it can hear things...no, that's not what it says. It said "it", as in Justice, can be heard. Do you see? In the first bit it's Justice seeing (or not seeing as the case is) and in the second bit it's someone else hearing Justice. It's a mixed metaphor on some sort of crazed bizarro scale. Saying "Justice is blind, but it is not deaf" is one thing (cheesy) but saying "Justice is blind, but it can be heard" is another thing altogether (nonsense).

It's just crazy. It's just crazy.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minuite!!!!

Is the DC . . . a comedy????

Holy crap, why didn't anyone (like Pete) tells us?? I'm beginning to understand!

MSJ's vision was a comedy. And, Foster gutted it into drama?? Well, crappy drama.

Seriously, I had no idea!

I know which DVD I'm renting this weekend!!! The DC could be good with a laugh track!!!

Seriously, does the DC include Benny Hill music during the final DD/KP showdown (with incremental throws at that!!). Oh, my, if Matt slaps KP several time on the back of his bald head I'm sold!!!

rgj Razz

Now??
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still alive...

I saw the Director's Cut. Own the DVD. I've even waited the requisite amount of time before posting on this, so I hope my opinion counts too.

If you like it, you're not simple-minded, or sheep, or whatever else might be thrown around...you just don't agree with me. I will admit though, that after watching it, I definitely thought it was better than the original.

...But it's like how getting kicked in the groin is better than getting your throat slit. There's still room for improvement. I'd love to see an actual good movie helmed by a competent crew that actually gave a damn instead of having to settle for the lesser of two evils. Just because a movie ties up some loose ends and has a few cute redeeming moments doesn't mean it'll win me over.

Yeah, I've seen the director's cut. And I own the DVD.

And I'm pissed about it to this day.

(...Gone are the days when I didn't work...I would totally write a State of the Board post. Talk about Hall of Fame...)
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of the equivalent of Star Wars ep. I without Jar Jar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: