Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

NBC's Heroes (anyone watching? any thoughts?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: NBC's Heroes (anyone watching? any thoughts?) Reply with quote

I thought I would start a thread on this tv show that I have become more and more addicted to with each passing week. I had no real expectations for this show about young people gaining powers and trying to cope with them in a somewhat realistic manner.

I love this one character named Hiro (he's from Japan). I think everyone love this guy. His power is the ability to bend space and time. Basically, he can freeze time and move about. He can also teleport. And recently, we have learned (two episodes ago) that he can jump into the past. "Future Hiro" looked so badass. The present Hiro is really quite goofy and geeky. It is hard not be able to relate to him. I think this is why he appears to be the most popular to watch on the show.

Another favorite of mine is the painter that can paint the future. Funny thing is, he can only paint the future when he is high. Heroin seems to do the trick. Tim Sale (Daredevil: Yellow, Batman: the Long Halloween Cool ) is the artist used when this painter is painting. His studio is full of Tim Sale art and I'm a huge fan of his.

Tell me I'm not the only one here liking this show so far.

C.
train
Guardian Devil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard a lot of buzz about this show, but haven't watched an episode yet. time is a premium right now and i just haven't made the time for any TV this season. i'll probably wait for the season 1 DVD and watch it then...i'm thinking about doing this with Lost too. another show that gets lots of buzz.
johndunbar
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how Hiro got his name. The show has some great background storylines and it is going to be fun to see how it plays out this season.
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this show is damn addicting. I've watched it from the start and each episode gets better and better. One girl form work watches (and loves) it too, but she says it's killing her because each week there is another fantastic ending, leaving you wanting more (kind of like a good comic, huh?). When I first heard of the show I thought it was going to be ridiculous. But, they have some comic creators contributing and it works.

Hiro is cool. I love his geeky refrences to comics and Star Trek. And, like CBL said, the painter is another intersting character. I was really floored when Peter (the young brother of the flying polititian) actually didn't have the power to fly as he suspected, but is more of a "leach" character. Cool stuff.

This show just gets better and better.

rgj
Doug
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with everyone. THis show is awesome! Back when they were previewing this over the summer I thought it looked stupid and I wasn't going to waste my time with it. I gave it a chance and boy was I wrong!

Hiro is the best! I also like the Cheerleader(save her and save the world. lol), I also like the blonde with the split personalities. I couldn't figure out what her powers were at first, and then two weeks ago when she went nuts on that guy in the elevator, i got that she's totally a Typhoid Mary type of charecter. lol

Is it monday yet? I want more. lol
Darediva
Wake Up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent show, and if you missed some of it, you can see the previous episodes on http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/?show=heroes

They also have a blog "written" by Hiro where you can post replies. His ascii doodles are great.

Those who throw dirt merely lose ground.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Clayton Blind Love
Redemption

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new article over at www.newsarama.com about the one of the characters of the show.

Santiago Cabera plays "Isaac" the heroin using/future painter. Guess what? He loves to read Daredevil! Maybe a future interview reference for the site? Check out the article. It seems he is pretty close to Tim Sale. Tim hooked him on Daredevil with DD:Yellow! Good job Tim!

C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The off-topic section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: