Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

NEW:MARK STEVEN JOHNSON wants DAREDEVIL-2 !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james castle
Devil in Cell-Block D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much head shaking.

I agree with rgj, I barely noticed the whole Daredevil as killer thing when I saw the movie. Yeah it's out of character and yeah it shouldn't have been in there but it was the least of the movie's problems.

"What do you want?" "Justice"....in what world are those lines in a script that is anything but god awful?

Plus, how is the origin in the movie better? In the comic Matt is blinded by his first heroic act. In the movie he's blinded because he wasn't looking where he was going.

And the flaming DD. Oh the flaming DD.

And Elektra assuming Daredevil didn't kill her dad because Matt was Daredevil even though she saw (or thought she saw) Daredevil kill her dad.

Or Matt lying unable to move and then getting up like he was just napping.

Awful, awful, awful script.

I haven't seen the DC but unless the above things were cut out (and I understand they weren't) it can't possibly be a good movie.

As for MSJ wanting to write a better DD movie....what? He wrote the first one for Christ's sake. He wants to reboot the crap he made? Comon.

So why can't you see the funny side?
Why aren't you laughing?
zolovi3
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Forrest"]
zolovi3 wrote:
Not to hurt his feelings, but can someone who knows how to direct a good movie sign on for DD2 other than Mark Steven Johnson.

Quote:
MSJ gave us a DD film that was every bit as good as the Spider-Man movie, aside from the casting.

I think MSJ had more to do with the outcome of the DD movie than you think considering he got another feature film about a comic book character ( that he will no doubt butcher.) But given the fact that you sign off DC fan boy of the year 2006, no wonder you thought daredevil was a descent movie.
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the venomous backlash! Razz

I like the movie origin of Matt's powers because it directly tied Jack's tragic efforts to be a good father (working for the mob to pay the bills) to the tragedy of Matt's accident. Still, it tied Matt's own motivation and desire to succeed to this accident (he was looking for his father, so he could flaunt his A's report card). All in all, it brought so much more dimension to Matt/DD and it intensified the connection between Jack and DD, which I have always loved and preferred to the similar Uncle Ben-to-Spidey tie.

I found this sort of subtle care in many areas of MSJ's script, especially in the interaction between Matt and Jack. More so than in almost any other superhero film, I got the definite impression that the script writer cared about the hero and had been a long time fan.

I see things like the flaming DD sign as surface quirks of the movie that really don't bug me.

My primary complaints of the movie, in order:
1) editing (only applies to the theatrical cut)
2) casting Garner as Elektra (she did a TERRIBLE job)
3) DD letting Quesada die

Otherwise, I don't really see major problems with the movie.

I can't stress enough that the heart of the movie was essentially cut out of the theatrical cut.

If the casting of Elektra had been done as carefully as the casting of MJ (Spidey movies) and if the DD director's cut had been shown in theaters (as the original cut), I have no doubt that a DD sequel would already be in the works/in theaters. The director's cut makes that much of a difference.[/b]
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, any response is considered venomous now? Anyway, this movie debate has been beaten to death, and although I don't mind taking a whack at the corpse (5B!, 5B!, 5B!) if someone wants to bring it up again, I'd better stop now since any response will be considered "venomous." But, hey, as I said . . .

have at it, to each his own Razz

rgj
Forrest
Lowlife

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgj wrote:
So, any response is considered venomous now?

Ah, I just thought it was funny that the usually dead movies forum sprouted 3 very passionate and speedy responses to my post praising MSJ. Particularly, zolovi3's response:

zolovi3 wrote:
But given the fact that you sign off DC fan boy of the year 2006, no wonder you thought daredevil was a descent movie.

I'm not angered or offended by anyone's responses. It's just a message board about comics.
bgrd
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out to Ben Affleck that wearing tights in the Daredevil movie was no were near the humiliation I felt for the Daredevil character watching him in the crimson tights.
Stanley
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread bumped for hilarious-date-appropriateness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: