Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Exclusive Interview: MARK STEVEN JOHNSON on DD-2!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgj
Hardcore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre is right about BA, as I, myself, have comment on.

But, really, if there is ever a DD sequel, let's not forget that in this version of "Daredevil," DD is a wanted man. He is a killer. A punisher, if you will.

The cops/Feds know this masked vigillante killed an innocent man. In cold blood.

Seems to me that if KP wants "revenge" on Matt, as he sits in jail, he just simply has to "out" Matt as DD to the cops. Why go to the elaborate hassle of "stripping away" Matt's life?? Because of what MSJ put fourth, all KP has to do to get a lighter sentence is to simply tell the cops that the crazy vigilante in the devil outfit is Matt.

For God's sake, a "kind of" BA moive would be ridiculous.

rgj
Aeus
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MSJ should just stay away from comic book movies in general. Seems like a nice guy, but can't write or direct at all.

Be sure to visit AvPGalaxy for all your Alien and Predator needs.
Dash
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimetre wrote:
Auzi wrote:
GUILLERMO DEL TORO seems good chioce for DD-2, he even once mentioned long time ago that Born Again is the story to do but i still think that MARK STEVEN JOHNSON is the only guy who can put magic into the movie, if studio allows him to co-direct it FRANK MILLER to adapt his critically acclaimed comic book BORN AGAIN for DAREDEVIL-2:Born AGAIN !!!

Auzi, you bewilder me.

You seem to be the biggest fan of the Daredevil movie, but seem totally clueless as to the impossibility of the Born Again story being used as a sequel. In order for Born Again to work, the Kingpin would have to still be the head of his empire, and would have to have found out Daredevil's secret identity without Matt knowing. It also doesn't help that the Karen Page character was barely in the first movie at all. Did you ever read Born Again?

How come you accept every single piece of excrement that drops from Mark Steven Johnson's mouth as gospel? He produces Elektra (most people on this board know that it's spelled with a K) and blames Fox for its tanking? Doesn't that speak to a malfunction in his professionalism and general personality? Specifically a failure to take ownership for his own bad choices and an insistance on placing blame on everybody but himself?

Please help me understand your certainty that Mark Steven Johnson is the man to make the next Daredevil film, let alone a film based on Born Again. Were you not aware that your hero produced Elektra? Again, did you ever read Born Again? If not, I highly recommend it. If it's simply that you haven't read it in 20 years, read it again. Maybe it will give you a different subject about which to post.

If it's a reboot, then the first movie has no bearing on the sequel. So DD 2 would technically be incorrect. If were comparing it to the Hulk reboot, which most of us are. Then they'd call it like...Daredevil: The Man Without Fear...or Daredevil: Born Again, Daredevil: Fearless (etc etc)

Anyway, the Incredible Hulk movie made NO reference to the first Hulk movie. And went as far to even give him a different origin (atleast the setting)

In my opinion, Born again would work. But like they did with the first movie, they'd have to make it an amalgam of a few different stories. Which I wouldn't be opposed to.

Things they should focus on for a DD reboot:
-Matt Murdock being a lawyer
-Karen and Matt's relationship
-DD and Kingpins animosity being more direct and personal
-Identity issues

I'd almost like to see some form of the more recent storyline where Matt go outed to the papers, sued them and went to jail.

But thats just me. Because really, the only important thing when making a comic book movie, is making it true to the character.A good comic book movie doesn't have to be faithful to the continuity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: