Daredevil Message Board
The Board Without Fear!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Message Board is currently in read-only mode, as the software is now out of date. Several features and pages have been removed. If/When I get time I intend to re-launch the board with updated software.

Daredevil 2 litmus test
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Elektra film pass 50 Million (US domestic)? (remember Punisher and Catwoman didn't)
Yes.
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
No.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

noypi-me
Tree of Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have not seen any of the electra trailers yet. is it any good?

i would love for the electra movie to make a good box office showing, if only to give DD another chance at the big screen. is there any chance of not getting MSJ to direct the possible sequel?

...are you talking to me..."
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he was originally supposed to direct Elektra, but ended up just onboard as a producer, so I'd assume that it IS possible for someone else to direct the next Daredevil feature.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Greg
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the competition for that given week... or even that given month... I would expect it will do big (not gigantic) numbers for that week, and will probably even remain at the top of the charts for two or three weeks. Talk about your lucky break in terms of release-timing... sheesh.

Plus, there's been a lot of undercurrent hype lately about ninja-oriented flicks; I'm having a real hard time remembering the name of this movie that I saw clips from recently (Cherron; Charron; something like that?), but it was one seriously amazing Japanese futuristic flick... supposed to come state-side soon; I would think that some of that hype will eek over to the release of Elektra, since the special effects do look pretty slick.

Personally, I'd love to see Elektra do great at the boxoffice; I'd love to see them do a DD2; and then I'd like them to release that PS2 game that they developed! My own little XMas wish-list! Smile
daredevil99x
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I hope Elektra will do well in terms of box office returns, I hope it doesn't tank in a market that is quickly becoming overly saturated with superhero movies. It seems that Marvel wants to make a movie out of almost every superhero they have, and eventually people will tire of them, profits will decrease, and the era of good superhero movies will end for a few years. Frankly, I would have much rather seen another Daredevil movie than an Elektra. I have never read an Elektra comic, so I don't know if the film version is true to the source material, but the preview makes it look just plain weird. I'll go see it to support the cause of a second Daredevil film, but I'm not really interested in it. Marvel needs to concentrate on their main heroes, and ditch possible movies like Luke Cage and Deadpool. The next thing you know they'll be trying to do a Jessica Jones movie.
zminusx
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about ditching a deadpool and Luke Cage movie, those are two strong characters whose appeal could potentially bring in an audience, however, characters such as Thor and Namor, for instance, I can't see being appealing enough in solo films, although they'd probably work fine as supporting characters in other films.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daredevil-art
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the Elektra trailer. Since when can Elektra see the future?

I've only her appearances in the DD title, but I certainly don't remember her having that ability.

The effects look good, but the film looks like a loser. JG will bring the horny boys into the theatre though, so I assume it'll do alright b.o. wise.
Slim
Flying Blind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Elektra will make the same as Daredevil at the Box office, but not as much on DVD.

DD was re-cut and marketed toward the february 'chick flick' mold, and it did okay, but ultimatley even re-cut it was a film about a sweaty superhero. ELEKTRA will be marketed at exactley the same audience, with the added appeal that it stars front and centre Jennifer Garner in tight outfits.

Garner is a known quanity now, starring in an action tv show with a loyal audience, playing a comic-book character with a loyal audience and with films like '13 going on 30' meaning she has pull with that target audience.

Factor in that the Director will have a few interested people aswell; 'oooh the guy who directed REIGN OF FIRE and did a lot of X FILES' will have slightly more pull than 'hmmm isnt he the guy who wrote GRUMPY OLD MEN?'.

Plus, if they're clever, this will not be marketed as a comic book movie at all. Its a shame, but 'comic book' turns off a lot of people. A hell of a lot. Theres a reason ROAD TO PERDITION wasn't marketed that way.

So i think all of that counts well for ELEKTRA at the cinema. But unless it turns out to be a damn good film, i dont think it will make much on dvd.
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! i have seen a trailer, but only one, late on VH1 one night. it was good.
for marketing it as a movie, not pushing it as a "comic book" film they seem to be doing well. my college paper knows about it and the critics, hate super hero films they love kung fu.
the last pre break review they wrote said this movie could be worth it....the big joke was they could figure out why Affleck made a cameo... Wink so that means i'm keeping my mouth shut.
but these guys are usually right on about their reviews.
so things seem to be going so far so good. even my buds who think i'm crazy cuz i like comics seem intrested in it cuz they think Garner is "hot".
so, if anything, this movie has a chance, simply because it's not what you typically think of when you think of "comic book", and they haven't done anything to make seem like a DD sequel so far, so who knows what one will really come down to in the end.
Top_Quality
Playing to the Camera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorrythis s a bit off the topic but whats the news of the ghoster rider film? and is Cage being Ghost rider?? And spidey 3 who gunna be bad guy??
Goddess0Whim
Fall From Grace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could post a new topic...or check Yahoo news or IGN?
and Venom is a possiblitiy considering they have an astronaut (i know it's not Eddie Brock) and the 2nd Green Goblin, or even a visit from the Lizard.
....just a thought?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daredevil Message Board Forum Index -> The Netflix show and other movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: